New Holland PS 90 2021

MLrancher

I don't know who engineers these things, but the clutch cable connect to the clutch pedal arm wouldn't hold up on 15 hp lawn mower. Mine failed at 405 hours. 10 cent clip fell off the cable connect pin and the clutch spring landed at my feet. Pin was worn. Can't imagine what it would look like at 1000 or 2000 hours. Replaced the pin with a bolt and lock nut. The clutch cable bracket clip is also a 10 cent POS and fell apart when the cable slid out of the bracket. Went to the dealer to get a new cable clip, but you can't get one. They only sell the whole cable. So now looking for a new "C" clip elsewhere. Meanwhile the clutch cable is being held in place by baling wire so can engage the clutch and move the tractor. A $90,000 tractor shut down by a 10 cent clip. Come On, Man.

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Outrageous. Sad that they will not sell just the clips needed.

MLrancher

Typical of today's foreign made equipment, isn't it ? I really liked this tractor up until recently. The only other complaint I have is the gear ratio in Range II. II-3 is a bit too slow (3.5 mph) for batwing mowing pastures, and II-4 is too fast (5.0 mph). II-4 and III-1 are almost the same speed. Solution: II-4 needs to be geared down a bit. Once again an engineering problem. Somebody at CNH needs to talk to actual farmers before they build these things.

MLrancher

By the way, I have an extended power train warranty on this tractor. The clutch cable is NOT considered part of the power train. Are you kidding me ? :( This is the last blue tractor that will be on this ranch.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is the last blue tractor that will be on this ranch.
I'd be telling the salesman that. He might have some influence to get your repair done properly and at no cost to you. On my Deere, the arm to shift ranges snapped off. I told the salesman that I was displeased. They sent a repair man 100 miles (each direction) to get it fixed. No cost to me.

ItBmine

I couldn't get any interest from New Holland or their dealers here in Ontario to even sell me a tractor on a few occasions. That's why the only blue tractor in my yard says FORD on it. LOL

I actually like a lot of stuff NH and Case IH make, but I see nothing but horror stories about them on forums and you tube. So that's enough to scare me away.

I feel you pain though. really sucks when you spend that much on a tractor and it's not 100% reliable.