PROBLEM 1825 e Massey Ferguson

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
@1825 e
Not sure if you really have a problem.
Do an internet search for something like "farm tractor positive camber".
There are a few reasons for it. It's been that way for many, many years.

1825 e

The argument is not over positive camber. I like positive camber: steering is easier and the steering knob is not needed. Those knobs will break your wrist. THE PROBLEM IS: the wheels are not symmetrical to each other. One side is 3/8" greater in positive camber than the opposing side. The front end will not have true gear mesh on one side and produce MECHANICAL FAILURE eventually. The problem and the measurements have already been acknowledged by Massey Ferguson dealer - Boast Enterprises in Bourbon Mo. and by AGCO tech, and AGCO customer service. AGCO customer service, Boast salesman and Boast mechanic agreed that this is a factory defect. The AGCO customer service, Steve, is the only one that put the problem into factory defect terms. The salesman said the whole front end needs to be replaced. The Boast mechanic said it "can't be fixed". If you please read through that particular point has been posted over & over. Thank You for making me be even more clear with my description. The AGCO tech (dispatched by the legal dept.) is the only one that says adjusting the toe-in corrects the camber and brings the camber into specs. Toe-in and camber are two separate disciplines....101.There is no adjustment for camber. Camber is set at factory in Indonesia. I have asked for the specs in writing and vebally many times now over the past 6 moinths and AGCO will not provide camber specs or written warranty. OKAY ? Thank you my man.

1825 e

I have been waiting on a call from AGCO Massey Ferguson customer service. I have not gotten a call back yet. I called them 5 minutes ago and they said they would escalate the concern, which is what they say each time.

1825 e

With a differnece of 3/8" camber on one side a misalignment of gears can be a great problem. The gear mesh is not true. There will be gear stress on the front end four wheel drive axle. With the gears binding a mechanical failure will show up at some place. Since the gears in the front end are heavier than the parts in the transmission, The mechanical failure could show up at the transmission. With an elevated loaded bucket the stress (hyperextension) is now increased expotentially. If the mechanical failure shows up at the wheel, the one with greater positive camber than the opposing wheel, a rollover is possible. The AGCO customer service representative, Steve, agreed with me that this situation is a factory defect. The salesman at Boast Enterprises in Bourbon, Mo. told me, in my driveway when he came to pick up the tractor, that the only fix is to replace the entire front end. The mechanic at Boast Enterprises told me he can't fix the situation being in agreement that this is something out of bounds with what he is allowed to do in the shop. The AGCO tech, Paul Erwin, adjusted the toe-in to correct the camber. 101 mechanics: "toe-in and camber are two different disciplines". There is no adjustment for camber. Camber is set mechanically at the factory. (Indonesia) The AGCO tech, to this day, insists that this camber difference is normal and I am the only one complaining. If that is true....then there are a lot of Massey Ferguson 1825e trators that are defective. There are quite a few 1825e with low hours for sale on the internet.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is this one of the Massey's that are made in China or Brazil?

1825 e

I received specs and information from AGCO tech, Paul Erwin, in the mail Saturday. I missed Paul's follow up phone call Monday, but got his second call this morning. We had a productive conversation, although we disagreed on some points and agreed on others. Paul tells me the wheels are turning towards a resolution. The conversation was in good light. Definitely a wait & see. I only thought it fair to post that AGCO has reached out through Paul Erwin, AGCO tech.