Roxor and EGR trouble

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
A few weeks ago , I noticed my Roxor hesitating and puffing smoke at times. I had a check engine light saying the egr emissions were the problem- showing a code 405 if I remember right. I started researching this and so ordered 2 test plates from "OntheRox" . They were lost at UPS for over a week though so the folks at "On the Rox " saw that I was taken care of. .
After dreading the prospect of removing the egr, I finally found a video on removing it for the test (to see if that was really the problem) and went for it. After removing the egr and it's cooler and placing in the plates, all is good. The Roxor runs great now and I also added some injector cleaner today and should be good to go.

Archoil AR6400-D Diesel Fuel System Cleaner
. I 'll leave a link to one of the several best videos

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I have over 1530 hours and 6300 miles on my Roxor. (bought in Spring 2019) I love it but do wish it was automatic... Spraying fence lines at a slow rate or pushing cows to a different place is difficult at times- 1st gear is too fast unless in 4wd... In 4wd it's a perfect speed. I don't regret buying it because of that.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:wow: Has it been that long. Seems like it's done you everybit as good as the RTV's you had before it. Good for you. :tiphat:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, It's been great here on the farm. I didn't remove the vacuum hoses I just did the basics to get it running again . Owners be sure to look at his later videos . The camera in those don't jump around as much. Oh yea, the egr was clogged all up when I removed it so that's why I was having trouble. I can replace it with a new one if that becomes necessary so kept all of the other parts. .

ItBmine

I did this to both my 6.0 Powerstrokes. One thing you should notice now Bordercollie is you engine oil will stay a lot cleaner now too as a bonus.

ItBmine

I work in the mining industry. If you saw what goes on to get your battery minerals.......I have NO guilt at all in deleting EGR and DPF's on my little engines.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The Roxor's purring like a kitten now.. That egr was so clogged up... it was ridiculous . No wonder it was loosing power and puffing smoke- runs clean now though.
I had to wait 15 minutes today for the big John Deere tractor to finish it's DPF cycle before I could turn it off. It cost about 3 grand to have it repaired a few months ago by a JD mechanic- at $200 hour plus replacement parts.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had to wait 15 minutes today for the big John Deere tractor to finish it's DPF cycle before I could turn it off. It cost about 3 grand to have it repaired a few months ago by a JD mechanic- at $200 hour plus replacement parts.
Can you delete it like people are doing on their pickups?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think it's more complicated on the JD tractor. It's got a lot of parts and tied into the JD computer which only the JD mechanics have access to on their company's computer. I'll ask the bil and see what he says , but I doubt it's easy like I what did to the Roxor.