RTV 1100 Charge Light On

dtreid

Older RTV 1100 that I'm working on. The alternator is charging but the charge light on the dash stays on.

Any ideas?

ggmanning

I have had this issue on 2 Kubotas.....tractor and mower, both diesel. Check the voltage regulator/rectifier. If you are getting charge from the generator and the battery is good it's very likely the regulator. They are cheap and easy to replace and fixed my issue both times after using a volt meter to verify the battery and the charge from the generator.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I also have a Kubota tractor which (when I purchased it from the previous owner who hid the fact it wouldn’t charge by installing a new battery and pulling the charge-warning lamp out AND the socket which holds the lamp…sorry bassard!)…. ( I suppose it’s really my own dang fault…. I looked that tractor over real good and watched it run …. paid cash…. but Never actually asked an important question….”What, if anything, is Wrong with it?” … which prevents me from calling him an outright liar as well as unscrupulous…)

…anyway…. the Kubota alternator was priced at slightly more than a ton of Platinum…. but I found one online/Amazon sold by “DB Electrical” for $80, free shipping. It was identical in appearance and function. Yippee.

Then I got onto ebay (hate to promote that place) and found a regulator for $18…bought it…installed it in the original alternator… Now have a “spare” should the DB Electrical ever fail. (200 hrs on it so far).

Just sayin’….. a little online research can save big money….and one thing which Can be said about Chineese stuff….. The Chinese have always been talented at copying things exactly.

(PS: The charge lamp and socket were obtained from my Kubota dealer and replaced… Now works and indicates properly.)