RTV-X1100c won't pull itself up a hill.

Dad's kubota

My dad asked me to look at his X1100C. It will pull itself around somewhat on level ground but any sort of incline, it stops. Plenty of throttle. So he already changed filters and fluid. I thought the brake linkage was stuck. They are working fine. Not knowing anything about this transmission (I'll look it up) but has anyone made any adjustments or are there valves with o-rings or something to cause oil to be bypassing. If it had clutches that's what I'd be replacing. That's what it feels like. I'm not a mechanic just very mechanically inclined, so this may just have to go to a shop.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is the RTV new to your dad?
We have learned that kubota fluids and filters matter. Especially hydraulic fluid. It is a must to use Kubota's or else you can have issues similar to yours. I'm wondering if the hydro fluid might be low.

Dad's kubota

I went to the dealership and talked to a mechanic. He gave me a few things to check. He's pretty sure it's the pump. Going to haul it there and let them check it out. Thanks for replying.

Reactions: Doc

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I hope you used kubota filters and oil? A simple test is to warm up the machine and transmission then find that incline and pull the hand throttle out all the way and hold it. Then with the peddle gently feather it into the hill to see if it will climb? Then try to advance the peddle more and see if it still climbs. Try this and check back with resultz.