Snow plow

DMSouthDakota

My dealer either has a western snow plow or the k connect Kubota plow. Any thoughts on what plow is better? Do you need the PTO shaft with the Kubota plow or can you get the K Connect without the PTO shaft?

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
My dealer either has a western snow plow or the k connect Kubota plow. Any thoughts on what plow is better? Do you need the PTO shaft with the Kubota plow or can you get the K Connect without the PTO shaft?
It my understanding that Kubota has two plow systems available. One is the electric hydraulic style with each plow having its own hydraulic mechanism - they provide the straight blade and V-plow options. These work off the electric system of the machine. The other option is the K-Connect system which supports all sorts of implements that all receive hydraulic pressure from the K-Connect system that derives its hydraulic pressure from the rear of the machine. This enables quick changes from one implement to another because each implement does not create its own hydraulic pressure. I assume the Western Plow you mention is most similar to the type of plow that derives its initial power from the Kubota's electric system and the plow contains its own hydraulic pump. These are entirely two different types of approach to fitting a plow on your machine. The K-Connect system is quite expensive, but if you wish to operate a variety to implements it makes sense since you can make quick changes and there is no hydraulic pump on each implement to maintain, (and pay for initially since it is on the Kubota). You can read about this at this site: https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/rtv-accessories-brochure.pdf

tfdr1

When I bought my X1100 the dealer was trying to push the K Connect and plow. I laughed at him when he told me the price.

I made my mind up that I was going to go with a SnowEx which is made by the same company that makes Western and Fisher but just different colors. I ultimately went with a Boss V because I decided on a Monday morning I was going to buy whatever someone had in stock and I could get that day. I personally wouldn't spend the extra on a K Connect unless you plan on other attachments that use it.

Dave