Transmission “whine”

billt01

Posted a while back about hydro fluid under the machine.

I have noticed a transmission “whine”

Not familiar with the HST and this may be completely normal.

Only notice it when High not low

@authuritis

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
A little whine is normal…. and the “heavier” the load or more work demanded of the machine…the more pronounced the whine.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it is difficult to diagnose a noise. let me ask a question??? is the whine that you are hearing a new noise? is it louder than it was? did you find the leak? what was leaking?

billt01

it is difficult to diagnose a noise. let me ask a question??? is the whine that you are hearing a new noise? is it louder than it was? did you find the leak? what was leaking?
The noise is newish, I had checked it up to being normal.

There was no leak, the fluid “vented” out the top of the transmission

It does get louder under load

I posted the whine, but the mic doesn’t really reflect the right pitch

It’s definitely a higher pitch

Attachments

• IMG_6235.MOV
    27.4 MB

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
could be normal? but normal sounds don't just appear all at once. your hst oil was escaping through the vent? could be foaming oil and that will definatly make your hst noisy. and cavitation or air foam will rapidly destruct the hst. is the fluid oem kubota?

Reactions: Doc

billt01

Aurthuritus

Thanks for your replies

To be safe, I’m going to do a UDT fluid change

Will the skid plate need to be removed to access a drain under than transmission?

I’ve seen videos on how to change the filters and “top off” the fluid, but not a fluid change..

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
there is a link in the sticky section to a free owners manual. it will detail the exact procedure to change fluids. don't forget to change the fluid in the tank as well as the hst and confirm filter placement by part number not color because the colors have changed.

billt01

there is a link in the sticky section to a free owners manual. it will detail the exact procedure to change fluids. don't forget to change the fluid in the tank as well as the hst and confirm filter placement by part number not color because the colors have changed.
Thank you.

Time is limited and with 25 hours on the machine, I wanted this documented by a certified service. If I have a HST issue after the full Hydro service, I will use this as ammo.

So my Kubota dealer is performing the service on the machine. Hopefully there will be no issue found and it will have fresh fluid.

Thanks again.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
didn't realize this was a warranty issue. good call. a machine with 25 hours and less than a year old