Used 2013 RTV900

STXproho

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and I have some questions. I am not new to UTVs and know quite a bit but its always nice to see others opinions. I am buying this 2013 RTV900 with 2400 hours for relatively cheap. I was wondering if this is a good buy and what you all think it should be valued at. Also I have heard throughout the years that Kubota is a pretty reliable platform. We have owned many Polaris UTVs and seem to always have problems with them. So i just want to make sure i am buying into a good reliable platform. My uses for it is to do work around the house and ranch. I have a golfcart now and need something more work related instead of play.

Thanks everyone.

Kubota RTV900.jpg

Smilingreen

It depends on what you paid for it. We would have to look at it closely in person to have a stab at what it is worth. Was it garaged all of it's life? Did it spend 4 months sunk in a pond? Has it been rolled over? What kind of maintenance records does it have? Was it exposed to winter road salt? There are a lot of variables that would determine what it is worth, vs what someone is willing to pay for it.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Kubota rtv can be very reliable and are made for work more than play. The rear half shafts can be a pain to rebuild on that model but the cost isn't bad if you do it yourself. That machine had aprox 155 hours per year put on it and that is a good think in my opinion. Those models are prone to clogged radiator and overheating. Check the radiator.

STXproho

Kubota rtv can be very reliable and are made for work more than play. The rear half shafts can be a pain to rebuild on that model but the cost isn't bad if you do it yourself. That machine had aprox 155 hours per year put on it and that is a good think in my opinion. Those models are prone to clogged radiator and overheating. Check the radiator.
Awesome man, Thank you for your input. I'm actually trading my 2009 Gas golfcart for this thing so I think its a hell of a deal.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It looks like to get to the differential fill /check plug, you will need to feel around that expanded metal cover that was added to the front. If you have very long arms, you can go down to it from the flap located under the hood. I filled mine , after changing it, thru that flap using a small clear hose I slipped on a small funnel. Have an air nozzle handy so that you can blow the dirt off of the recessed area around that check plug. :)

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome man, Thank you for your input. I'm actually trading my 2009 Gas golfcart for this thing so I think its a hell of a deal.
Sure sounds like a great deal. Boardercollie, who posted above this, is a whiz at these machines and owned machines that were close to 5000 hours. So as long as maintenance was not ignored on this machine you are getting a fantastic deal. Congrats.