Weak pinion gears and shaft

whitravis

Mahindra 4x4s, at least the 3215 are famous for destroying the front pinion gear and shaft. Is there an aftermarket source for higher quality for this part? Or a place that could heat treat an OEM one to make it harder?Im. I've got to replace mine and don't want to have to do it again a few hundred hours down the road.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You have the Roxor ? That's what I'm speaking about ... Several years ago I got a piece of wire wrapped around the shaft and tore up my pinion seal. My machine was in limbo for weeks as I was told the warehouse had burned down. I waited and waited and waited for a seal from Mahindra on backorder. I finally found a jeep seal that fit, but the dealer wouldn't tell me that. It's been so long ago that I can't remember the #. POSSIBLY could be this one but just not sure so you would need to check before using it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHG8UAM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit.. It's been years since I did this job but remember being very cautious about the tightening of the seal- I believe I remember something about counting the threads as I tightened up everything so the pressure would be the same as the wire damaged seal I took off.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You have the Roxor or is this a tractor you're speaking of? I'm speaking about a Roxor (2018) ... Several years ago I got a piece of wire wrapped around the shaft and tore up my pinion seal. My machine was in limbo for weeks as I was told the warehouse had burned down. I waited and waited and waited for a seal from Mahindra on backorder. I finally found a jeep seal that fit, but the dealer wouldn't tell me that. It's been so long ago that I can't remember the #. POSSIBLY could be this one but just not sure so you would need to check before using it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHG8UAM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit.. It's been years since I did this job but remember being very cautious about the tightening of the seal- I believe I remember something about counting the threads as I tightened up everything so the pressure would be the same as the wire damaged seal I took off.
edit #2 I'm sorry I misread your post. I thought you were needing a quality pinion seal.

Last edited: