X1100C No acceleration going "Down Hill' After Full service at Dealer .(See Post 16 for fix)

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
hmm well crap. I dont know where I went wrong.. I will go though it again.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it took me several times also at first. that is why i know the order is important. this all comes from the service manual but it is written in some kind of Japanese/american translation. probably why the shop messed it up.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
OMG,,, Aurthuritis
Now its PERFECT ! I mean PERFIECT ! I cant believe it ..
I will admit it took me 40 mins the first time. But after figured out what I was actually doing 22 mins and its JUST RIGHT !
I just dont know what we would do without you around here brother !:beer: :starbucks:
It feels like my machine again ! AND gets up and goes a bit faster too !

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it is amazing just how much better the whole machine runs with just this adjustment. now the engine rpm torque and transmission are all in proper relationship. i really have to hand it to the engineers that figured this all out with such a simple dependable mechanical process. i think almost all of the RTV series need this adjustment.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
And I paid someone to fubar it all up .... damn shame aint it! I even tightened that belt they missed
I guarantee It is MUCH more responsive ! Took wife and little dog for a ride without saying what I had been doing
and momma said WOW !
Yeah thats what I said ! Aurthuritis is the MAN !
Thank you so much !

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Hello Fellas ! hate to revisit an Old Post BUT .. Have found a couple videos on the Tube that might help some folks get the adjustments they need on the throttle linkage and trans ,
This Did Not get me any more speed BUT Did make the shifting smooth as SILK !!!
Video Links Below . I would bet this fella is on our forum hope he dont mind me posting the video links

Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol!​

Episode 1: The Baseline - We need more speed! - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol!​

Episode 2: Foot Control Throttle Linkage - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol!​

Episode 3: Engine Bay Throttle Control - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol​

Episode 4: HST Linkage - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol​

Kubota RTV Hard Shifting.... Solved!!​

This might should be a Sticky !

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Hello Fellas ! hate to revisit an Old Post BUT .. Have found a couple videos on the Tube that might help some folks get the adjustments they need on the throttle linkage and trans ,
This Did Not get me any more speed BUT Did make the shifting smooth as SILK !!!
Video Links Below . I would bet this fella is on our forum hope he dont mind me posting the video links

Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol!​

Episode 1: The Baseline - We need more speed! - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol!​

Episode 2: Foot Control Throttle Linkage - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol!​

Episode 3: Engine Bay Throttle Control - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol​

Episode 4: HST Linkage - Kubota RTV Optimization Protocol​

Kubota RTV Hard Shifting.... Solved!!​

This might should be a Sticky !
I was hopeful that someone had made a video that would show folks how to do this. Unfortunately this isn't it. Sincerely don't follow this vid. Just my opinion.

ggmanning

After seeing he recommended just taking out the pedal stop screw I had to move on. Yeah the high idle screw will provide a stop but without the peddle stop screw engaging at the same time as the high idle stop you continually stretch the peddle throttle cable.

Reactions: Doc

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
After seeing he recommended just taking out the pedal stop screw I had to move on. Yeah the high idle screw will provide a stop but without the peddle stop screw engaging at the same time as the high idle stop you continually stretch the peddle throttle cable.
OH LORD .. I didnt see that part about taking out the peddle stop screw .. THATS A NO NO ! I did not watch that video to the end.
Heck .. Remove that video .