Lift bed cylinder?

hawken89

Hello!

I am new to this site and very new to trying to fix my equipment :)
I have a 2013 Kubota RTV-1100.
The lift bed worked fine once yesterday and then stopped working on the second trip.
I disconnected the Hydraulic line TO the cylinder and pulled the lift lever, fluid came out fine.
I reconnected it and disconnected the 'out' cylinder and pulled the lift lever, nothing came out.
Is this a sign of the cylinder going bad? Or should I be checking for some other kind of clog in my hydraulic line?
And if so, how? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sarah

Reactions: Doc

dan900

On my machine, you pull the lever to raise the bed and push the lever to lower the bed. When you disconnected the lines, did you move the lever in the appropriate direction to see if fluid came out. If you pulled instead of pushed, I would not expect any fluid to come out.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
also since your machine is an 1100 and not an X1100? the lift cylinder is plugged into a pair of quick disconnects at the rear of the machine. check to make sure one hasn't been disconnected???

hawken89

Yes I can lift it by hand w it off and float.
when i disconnected the fluid in line, i pulled the lever to lift the bed up and fluid came out.
when i put the 'in' line back on and disconnected the 'out' fluid line, i pushed the handle so it would go down and no fluid came out.

i haven't checked the disconnects but the engine does make a sound when i use the lever but just won't move the bed up.
now it is easier to lift it up when engine is on by pulling up on the lever.

Attaching serial and model number just FYIKubota.PNG

hawken89

HAHA!!! It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes, one of the quick connects had popped off just a bit!.
thank you soooooooooooooo much!!