New to me , 2017 rtv x1100c

Slaw32

I'm very happy to say I'm the proud new owner of a well cared for machine . 2080 hrs 8916 miles . Test drive yesterday , nice and toasty in cab with an outside temp of 15 above . Glad to be an owner member of this club . Any helpful hints for a new owner will be appreciated .

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_105333135.jpg
    IMG_20210126_105333135.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 12

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to net tractor talk. Congrats on your RTV purchase. You are going to love it.

I just bought a 2015 1100c last month. Very happy with it.

Not really tips but ...if your RTV is not equipped with turn signals and you plan to take it off your property where there is other traffic turn signals are highly recommended.

Depending on the terrane you will drive, a winch can sure come in handy. As can the windshield wiper.
I suspect most of those are already on your RTV.

Slaw32

I think this machine has most of the stuff on my dream list on it . Front lights , back light , block heater , 4,000 lb winch . I think the first thing I'm going to add is a metal rear screen . That back window looks too unprotected . That and a transmission cover and rear hitch should be more than enough machine ... Oh yeah , I forgot , new tires . After feedback from a couple on the site , I'm going with 27" black water evolutions . One thing at a time ......

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought my Blackwater tires from https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

Front 27-9-12 Rear 27-11-12

$600.10 total cost shipped to my door.
Very quick turn around ..I think I had them 3 days after ordering and this was during Christmas shipping rush.
I was impressed.

Slaw32

Thanks for your input , I just ordered the same set from same company . They show instock , so by the time I pick up my machine the tires should be here .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just spoke with a nice lady at Rocky mountain and she was pretty sure 27x11x12 would fit fine on front , gonna try same size all the way around .
I'm pretty sure 27-11-12 will be fine on the front. I like the handling better with the 9" was the only reason I went that way. Good luck. I know you'll love the tires. :thumb:

Mork

Congrats on your new machine. You will find thats its a real dependable work horse. There are plenty of tips and upgrades done that are docummented here in this forum. :)

shinnery

Hst is a type of transmission an SUDT1 and SUDT2 are the fluids used in it by Kubota. SUDT2 is thinner than SUDT1.

Slaw32

I'm in shock . I ordered tires for my new to me machine on Wednesday at about 4:00 pm . Just got an email from FedEx , they are on the truck for delivery today , Friday . If this is true that is truly spectacular , I think I have whiplash , it was so fast .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was shocked same as you when I ordered from them in Dec and they got to me FAST.

I believe SUDT2 is best for both warmer and colder climates.

Slaw32

I do want to say thank you to everyone for all the important things I've learned in a short time about my new to me machine . Still have a lot to learn , thanks again .

Here's one question for the owners up north . I was told to use straight #1 diesel with additive . Was also told transmission fluid works better than the additive for lubricating . Can anyone give their input on this? Thanks in advance .

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
#1 diesel with an additive is probably your best option.
Myself, I use #2 diesel (red dye) and add Power Service Cetane booster as an additive. Never had any problems.
Some say to add a little kerosene to the fuel in the winter but I never did that.

If your vehicle is stored in an unheated area, you may want to consider a block heater for the engine & another for the tranny. Can't speak for the newer machines but my old 2004 doesn't like super cold temps. Much easier getting it going if the engine & tranny are warm. I use timers and have the heaters come on a couple hours before I expect to be using the machine.

Slaw32

Sorry to bounce so many questions , but ,,,

What is a coast plug ? Is there a need for one on a 2017 x1100c ?