L3130 Kubota

tick magnet

This fine tractor has 1800+ hours and is approaching 17 years old. Recently the engine would cut out for an instant while traveling and then quickly recover to full power. At first I thought it was something caught under the seat interfering with the seat safety switch but that wasn't the case. I thought the switch might be defective but then it stalled and didn't recover when I was off the seat. But when i turn the key it starts right up and purrs like a kitten, no lack of power. Sometimes when I get off and it's idling, it will stall but then restart without issue. I'm thinking this is an electrical problem and not a fuel issue. Fuel filter has only about 200 hours on it and I always keep my fuel liberally treated with Diesel 911. My ability to diagnose electrical problems is very limited. Today, I'm gonna spray cleaner on all the connections I can find but I'm thinking it might be a loose wire, corroded connection or a worn spot in a wire that shorts out the circuit. Thoughts??? and thanks for any advice.

tick magnet

Ordered the fuel solenoid on Amazon over a month ago and it finally arrived. Since today was warmer and sunny I swapped it for the original. So far so good..........Kubota wanted $180 or so through a dealer website so I ordered a generic one from Amazon but it was still $100 but I can return it if my problem isn't cured. Repair was easy enough just some gymnastics to reach around other parts and hoses, maybe 30 minutes at most. It only cranked at first, no clicking sound, but this was cured by pushing the modular wiring connector a little harder until it clicked into place. Thanks, men, for the guidance and advice.