Battery light stays on.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Check Ebay for Kubota RTV alternator. There are many listed for the 900's for around $90.

I've bought several starters and alternators from Ebay, although not one of these specifically, with excellent success. Ebay/Paypal is pretty good about returning defective items. If that happens.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The previous owner did not take of the machine and if i had to guess it still has the original filters from when it was purchased.

So I am assuming the large tank at the rear of the machine is the tank for the hydraulic dump bed?

That is plain shameful on the previous owner.:whip: :hammer:

Yes, The tank in the rear is for the dump bed. You will be needing some udt or sudt for the front end change too... It is a lot easier to change the knuckle cases when the front tires are off and you may benefit from a long and skinny funnel to refill the front diff. from above. ( I go under the hood and lift what used to be a clear flap, near the horn, to access it for filling. To check it though , just reach on top of the diff. there where the winch would go. It has a plug/stick sort of like an old mower.
I measure the oil in a measuring cup so I won't overfill it. Good luck- didn't get to the p.o. today but will try tomorrow ( had electric fence shorts all over the pastures - rode the RTV most of the afternoon- looking and fixing.).collie

Dusty Rivers

battery light on RTV900 flashing. Battery goes dead overnight. charge battery and engine starts. measured 17 VDC across battery with engine running. Is the alternator the problem with the battery drain? thoughts?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Sounds like the alternator is overcharging and has shorted one or more plates in the battery. If memory serves, the alternator should put out around 14.5vdc just off idle.....maybe 1500rpm. If it is putting out 17vdc, sounds like the regulator is shot. I'd have the alternator tested. You may also have to replace battery.