Evacuator Valve Question

Peter James

I have a RTV900 and the air cleaner is mounted on the guard behind the seat on the passenger side just at ear level. It seems like a lot of noise comes from that valve. Would replacing it reduce the noise level? It does seem to be pulsing and making a low pitched noise.
Peter

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
The “valve” you speak of is a “purge” valve and it should be operated occasionally while the engine is running to expel grass clippings, etc. from the filter-housing.

Diesels all have a loud intake/induction system and the “pulsing” is normal. To silence it you will have to relocate it or put it inside another housing to “muffle” it. It’s located where it is to keep the intake out of water and mud. Moving it to a point above the cab by extending the plumbing might work for you.

Last edited:

Peter James

Twice I have ordered the evacuator valve and twice I have received on that is too big in diameter. I have a 2010 RTV900. I keep getting 1211-82340. Does anyone know what the correct part number is?
Peter

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
K1211-82340 ... I suspect the problem is you are not providing sufficient model identification. The part already mentioned is for the 2010 General Purpose model.
Go to this site, select your exact model, then you can find the part you need: https://www.messicks.com/wiki/kubota/rtv900

Peter James

I think I found the right part number. It is TA040-93250. I have a RTV900T9T2 and that setup is different from most of the others. I will take the old part when I drive 40 miles to the dealer to see if they have one.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I think I found the right part number. It is TA040-93250. I have a RTV900T9T2 and that setup is different from most of the others. I will take the old part when I drive 40 miles to the dealer to see if they have one.
I suggest you call them first… and if they don’t have it…. ask them to order it along with their USUAL resupply orders…so you don’t have to pay freight on top of price.