Memories ....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saw this old pic of my first RTV. A 2006 RTV 900. I drove all the way from Ohio to Mobile Alabama to get it. I could not find one in my price range close by so I drove.
Thought this be a good idea for a thread for all to share memories. About your RTV's or anything.

Here is a pic from 2013. I had picked up a plastic windshield and a vinyl cover for the 900. Better than nothing but also makes me appreciate my x1100c sitting in the garage. :D

2013:

RTV900pic2013.jpg

Now :D

AA637225-0671-4908-BEF3-8A74C2C79BBE.jpeg

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that is just a tick over 4mph for the average speed. most likely a lightly used 2018 model that idled alot or was started moved and shut down for short duration. nice machine!!!! now if you haven't already done it that machine is waaayyyy past due for an oil change in the transmission and hydraulic.

FTG-05

Go vs. Slow:

u7SPkrS.jpg

This is the only pic I have of both of them. A week or so after I sold the Slow version, it blew a fist-sized hole in the side of the engine block. :eek:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Go vs. Slow:

u7SPkrS.jpg

This is the only pic I have of both of them. A week or so after I sold the Slow version, it blew a fist-sized hole in the side of the engine block. :eek:
What a shame. How many hours / miles did the slow version have on it? Did the buyer come back to you for cash or try to return it?

FTG-05

What a shame. How many hours / miles did the slow version have on it? Did the buyer come back to you for cash or try to return it?
I don't recall anymore, this was last May. The buyer sent me a couple pics via text. I forget the exact words, but he said something to the effect that he wasn't looking for a return or anything. It was very clearly sold as-is where-is.

Reactions: Doc

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I had a 2001 550 Mule for 18 years, was a great machine . sold it at a yard sale after people kept asking if it was for sale for 3k only paid 2500 for it. so cam eout smelling like a rose.
Shopped for side by sides for a month till Uncle mentioned his 2014 X1100C was for sale, was not really interested TILL I DROVE IT >> And Ohhh man Do I LOVE this thing , Best money I ever spent so far !

ItBmine

I feel the same way HB. Wife and I love driving in the RTV. And now it don't matter what the weather is doing.

Plus now have a dump truck perfectly matched with my B series tractor.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was shopping for an RTV1140. I wanted the extra seat and bigger bed for hauling stuff from my excavator. The guy with the 1140 I was considering hee hawed on the deal. Saw another 1140 and that guy didn't respond. Both of these were 5 or 6 hours away. Then I saw the x1100c advertised, and it was local. it was more than I was spending but they guy was in the boat club I had been in so I knew him. I told him I have xxxx amount of cash. If it runs out good I'd buy it tomorrow. He said come on over. I truly lucked out that the 1140 owners left me hanging.

Then long ago I bought my dad's Cadillac Seville. I forget the model year or how old it was but dad gave me a good deal and it was better than trading it in. I loved the ride and feel of the Caddy but ...after driving it a month or so I knew it was something I didn't need. I had 3 kids at home and needed the money for other things. So my brother was interested and I sold it to him. He picked it up and was driving it a day or two later the whole exhaust fell off. All had to be replaced. LOL Chit happens. We laugh about it now but at the time bro was rather upset. As most used things it was sold AS IS. I had no clue there was any issue with the exhaust.