Helimod mirror ext./Kubota/curtis skid shoe.

coobie

Did the helimod mirror extension to my grote mirrors they work great.Kubota/curtis snow plow skid shoes SUCK.The pic is after (1) snow plowing on a 1/8 mile gravel drive.It burnt the skids down to nothing.Made a mod and installed Meyers skid shoes 100% better.tempImage8lYn0t.jpgtempImageuz0sMI.jpgtempImagelCc1zi.jpgs

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
In my experience with the Curtis skids, they don't wear out but break off at the weld. I ash canned them years ago and went to the Moose 5/8" replacement skids from Dennis Kirk. They are thicker bottoms and the shaft is threaded into the skid before welding. I haven't had one break off in a couple years.

The downside is you will probably have to increase the mounting holes from 1/2" to 5/8" but a small price to pay for the improved skids.

coobie

In my experience with the Curtis skids, they don't wear out but break off at the weld. I ash canned them years ago and went to the Moose 5/8" replacement skids from Dennis Kirk. They are thicker bottoms and the shaft is threaded into the skid before welding. I haven't had one break off in a couple years.

The downside is you will probably have to increase the mounting holes from 1/2" to 5/8" but a small price to pay for the improved skids.

My curtis skids width at the shaft were 3/4 had to drill out the plow to 1 inch to accommodate the new Myers skid shoes.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
My curtis skids width at the shaft were 3/4 had to drill out the plow to 1 inch to accommodate the new Myers skid shoes.
That helps. I'll still contend that the problem is probably a broken weld, not wear. I've never worn any skids out on my Curtis/Kubota but have had a number of them break off. I plow about 1500 ft per snow but it's all concrete and blacktop.

IAC, you solution should hold up better.

All Good