2014 RTV X1100C will not move. Hydraulic Oil foaming, HST? Transmission?

Graham

Top side is 0 psi 0 flow, bottom was 100 psi I think. I'd have to check it again I was not focused on the big zero on the top side

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
ok try this--- take the hst speed control lever loose so you can operate it with the engine at idle. jack up the rear so tire will free wheel with the hst speed lever in forward position engine idle carefully turn the rear wheels forward. you may need to engage the diff lock. see if this primes the high pressure valve pistons. careful now

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Have you checked the strainer in the hydraulic tank? On an old kubota tractor we found that the strainer looked ok but upon further analysis it couldn’t be cleaned. It didn’t leak diesel fuel when filled! We cut the strainer off replaced the plug and the tractor works fine now. Wouldn’t move before. Just need to get a good replacement.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I had a look at it but just visually. I'll for sure check it out now. Thanks.
The one I mentioned looked perfect. Put it back in and finally decided to check it again. Doesn’t make sense, but it was the problem! Before that we assumed the hydraulic pump was shot. Hope you have the same luck.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
The screen looked fine but when we put diesel fuel in it nothing passed through. Not a drop!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Top side is 0 psi 0 flow, bottom was 100 psi I think. I'd have to check it again I was not focused on the big zero on the top side
the charge pressure is good and it is the charge pressure that fills the high pressure pumps and also operates the swash plate that tilts and compresses the high side pump plungers. 0 psi and 0 flow on the high side makes me suspect the servo piston is stuck or the speed control lever is loose on it's shaft? could be a broken shaft on either of the high side valve blocks? if you jack up the rear end and with the speed control lever engaged and you lock the diff and turn the rear wheels by hand it should prime the motor and pump. transmission in gear of course

Graham

I'll give it a try. I removed the piston when I rebuilt the HST. It was hard to get out. I cleaned it up and inspected it and then put it back in. It was stiff to put back in as well but I just assumed it was a good nice seal.

cooper426

SOLVED. Took it to the mechanic and they fixed the problem. Turns out that the charge pump gear timing was off by 180 degrees. They set the gear properly and the pressure charged right up. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks all.
Hi, are you talking the charge pump gears alignment marks not on the same side? I just don't see timing on the gears besides this?

Running into low charge pump pressure also, just trying to troubleshoot.
Thank you

Graham

Hi, are you talking the charge pump gears alignment marks not on the same side? I just don't see timing on the gears besides this?

Running into low charge pump pressure also, just trying to troubleshoot.
Thank you
Hi Cooper sorry for the late response. for some reason I didn't see this notification. But yes you're correct exactly the alignment marks on the gear were not on the same side.