RTV-X1100C Floor Mat Recall

ItBmine

So last fall got the recall notice but told dealer I was holding off until spring So they called and were going to come to my house tomorrow, but when he told me what the "fix" is, I said don't bother.

Apparently the problem is, some people have had the mat curl up and get caught in the fuel pedal.

The "fix".......trim the mat around the pedal. No thanks. As you can see, there is no way my mat can become a problem, and I certainly don't want a big hole cut around my pedals. The first pic looks close, but it is not because it doesn't show the height of the pedal above the floor.

Has anyone had it done? I'd like to see how your dealers did it. I have to sign a release form now with Kubota stating I choose not to do it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20220509_113001.jpg
    20220509_113001.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 18

frodoz737

After purchasing mine, I took it to my closest Dealer for "full service" as my duty cycle is severe. They performed this and 2 other SBs. I don't have a problem with it.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
One of the issues with ALL of these rubber floormats is the rust which can occur and rot-out the floorboards because of trapped moisture beneath that rubber mat.

Althought I’ve not suffered that issue (yet)…. I’m considering removing the mat…and painting the floor with Rhino bedliner.

10-e-c-dirt

One of the issues with ALL of these rubber floormats is the rust which can occur and rot-out the floorboards because of trapped moisture beneath that rubber mat.

Althought I’ve not suffered that issue (yet)…. I’m considering removing the mat…and painting the floor with Rhino bedliner.
I removed my x900's floot mat because of rust.

frodoz737

I'll look at it better when I get to work, but they just trimmed it up a little more around the right peddle. Folks, I work 10 hours a night with this mobile toolbox/transportation and the ONLY complaint I have is the crappy sound system.

Reactions: Doc

Tsunamibob

I am one of the few that actually had my accelerator pedal stick down. (caused by a rock getting stuck under the pedal) It was after this recall was announced and the first that our local dealer had heard about in our area. The fix was cutting approximately 4" off the top on the floor mat and add 2 more clips to hold it in place. I have added the photo to show the result

Attachments

• floormat.pdf
    753.5 KB · Views: 42

ItBmine

I am one of the few that actually had my accelerator pedal stick down. (caused by a rock getting stuck under the pedal) It was after this recall was announced and the first that our local dealer had heard about in our area. The fix was cutting approximately 4" off the top on the floor mat and add 2 more clips to hold it in place. I have added the photo to show the result
Thanks. Now I'm glad I didn't let them touch mine.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the picture. It looks to me like water/dirt/mud will work its way under that trimmed mat even easier . In my opinion, I'd check under that mat for rust - The rust sneaked up on me and could have ended up really bad. I'm a great procrastinator at times. Somewhere on here back years ago, I had a picture showing the rusty floor . . When I was cleaning and working on the 2011/12, I took out the mat, cleaned the rust and painted with bed liner. Also not as slippery. edit to show picture of floor ( Also notice those pin holes from the rust ! https://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/threads/check-your-flooorboard.17913/

Last edited:

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Ok… so let’s analyze this: WHAT EXACTLY is the purpose of that floor mat?
To form a non-slip surface? Then why not remove the mat and paint the floor with Randolph Wing-Walk rubberized paint with sand in it?
Or remove the mat and paint the floor with pickup-bed-liner?
Those alternatives should greatly reduce the tendency for the mat to retain water/mud and cause the floor to rust-out.

frodoz737

Sorry folks...I forgot all about this. If what's shown in post 8 is that Service Bulletin...then it was not done to mine.

ItBmine

Ok… so let’s analyze this: WHAT EXACTLY is the purpose of that floor mat?
To form a non-slip surface? Then why not remove the mat and paint the floor with Randolph Wing-Walk rubberized paint with sand in it?
Or remove the mat and paint the floor with pickup-bed-liner?
Those alternatives should greatly reduce the tendency for the mat to retain water/mud and cause the floor to rust-out.
Well, you probably could say it helps cut sound? I would think anyway, with that padded mat.
Even now, at it's break-neck 25 MPH....any rocks that come off front tired and hit the cab floor really get your attention, LOL

But as Bordercollie said.....might be a good idea for us to check under the mat at some point.

Semper-Fi

Well, you probably could say it helps cut sound? I would think anyway, with that padded mat.
Even now, at it's break-neck 25 MPH....any rocks that come off front tired and hit the cab floor really get your attention, LOL

But as Bordercollie said.....might be a good idea for us to check under the mat at some point.
I have to agree about just removing the mat & applying some kind of bedliner paint or equivelant. Much cleaner.

frodoz737

Respects, but might I suggest if one takes that route, the under body receive the same treatment...after first removal. treatment and prep for any existing corrosion. Rust will rot you out from the the top and bottom once it starts. YMMV.

Semper-Fi

Respects, but might I suggest if one takes that route, the under body receive the same treatment...after first removal. treatment and prep for any existing corrosion. Rust will rot you out from the the top and bottom once it starts. YMMV.
Not sure how the under body is any safer with or without a floor mat. Probably best to undercoat the under body regardless.