Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Trail Boss

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend of mine just picked got his delivered. Ordered it nearly a year ago.

WOW, that thing is nice. 1000cc engine with over 80HP, 29" tires, huge ground clearance, VERY nice interior, 2500# towing, 3 range tranny.

He got several accessories (front & rear windshields, hard doors, headache rack, heater, winch, plow...). Out the door, it was around $30K. A little too rich for my blood.

1655039650022.png

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
30k :wow:
I saw the price of the new RTV x1100c was at 24k out the door. That was without extras. But still equipped nicely.
I stretched it to pay 17k for my Honda pioneer 1000. It tows up to 2k. 1/2 ton bed capacity.

Shocked the Polaris can tow 2500 with belt drive. My son has the 2021 version of the 4 seater Ranger. Evidently not as loaded as this one cause I think he paid 20 or 21k for it. Nice machines for sure.

ItBmine

Perfect example of how people are more than happy to pay more, so they keep going up and up every year.

Tell me how Kubota can build AND PROFIT building an RTV with a heavier frame and driveline, diesel motor, climate control, hydraulics and a hydro trans for 24 grand, but Polaris, Can Am etc want 40 grand for plastic junk?
Ya it goes fast. Whoop-dee-do. LOL

I'd by a 2 door Jeep first for that price and drive it down the highway home when I come out of the bush.

ItBmine

Wish I could post the video here. Had a chance to use a friends 2022 1000 Polaris today. So the wife and I went for a ride.
Crossing the same water hole that I go through dry in my RTV (pretty sure I have pics posted on the site here of it) the Polaris had water pouring in every seem and joint in the floor board and footwell, LOL

But just so I don't seem Kubota biased......the Polaris will win in a drag race......unless it is chained up to my Kubota, LOL

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Polaris I rode in had much more comfortable seats. 3 point seat belts. Made for speed and riding trails more than for work. Very small storage in back. Couldn't even call it a bed. Just a small nook. Could fit a small cooler in there maybe.
I can't afford a side by side that is just for fun riding trails. The RTV is made for work. it's a work horse. Plus it does a good job on the trails. I love my RTV.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have a 2020 Ranger XP1000 crew northstar. I find myself using it more Often than the rtv1100. It can’t handle my sprayer and the A/C not even close to as good as kubotas. Still very happy with it.