1538 hst turns over but won't start

elyasguy

Tractor has 150 hours and has run perfect until now. I changed both fuel filters thinking it might be water but it still won't start. Any ideas?

elyasguy

Used it one day and the next day it wouldn't start. No white smoke when turning over. Changed both fuel filters. Both were gunked up. Put howes in tank and some in the filters. Pumped the primer until hard cranked for approximately 30 seconds. Repeated process many many times. Outside temperature is around 45°-50°F. The temperature gauge on the tractor flashes and is all the way up.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The temperature gauge on the tractor flashes and is all the way up.
That may be showing your issue. If the tractor thinks it's overheating, it probably won't start. My best guess is your temperature sending unit has gone bad. I can't help much more as I don't have experience with Mahindra's so I'd suggest an internet search to follow this line of thought.

elyasguy

That may be showing your issue. If the tractor thinks it's overheating, it probably won't start. My best guess is your temperature sending unit has gone bad. I can't help much more as I don't have experience with Mahindra's so I'd suggest an internet search to follow this line of thought.
Thanks, I gave up on it and my dealer is coming to pick it up Wednesday. I will post what the dealership comes up with.

elyasguy

Dealer still has it and finally came up with bad ECU. They said it'll be $1800. Ouch. Can't believe it's not covered under the engine/ powertrain warranty.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww, that's terrible news ! Did it happen to get boosted off? My Bil' s welder got the computer board fried when he got a fellow to boost it off for him. After one of the similar purchases like yours, we learned to only use a trickle charger on it or to disconnect the battery before charging "fast." . So there's no warranty on it if it's not something done by you? That doesn't sound fair.

elyasguy

Su
Awwww, that's terrible news ! Did it happen to get boosted off? My Bil' s welder got the computer board fried when he got a fellow to boost it off for him. After one of the similar purchases like yours, we learned to only use a trickle charger on it or to disconnect the battery before charging "fast." . So there's no warranty on it if it's not something done by you? That doesn't sound fair.
Such is life my friend.