2005 RTV900 FLOOR REPLACMENT

BTKMOTORSPORTS

New to the group. I picked up a 2005 RTV900 that has a bunch of rust. I need to replace the floor. I was reading another post where somebody had a template? Is there any aftermarket people that build these parts? Any help would be great.

Thanks, Bill

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new-to-you RTV.
I "had" a template and mailed it out to another member with the same issue. He disappeared from the board and never got my template back. :(
If you still have the rubber mat, that could get you close to actual size.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Let me suggest that you get some cardboard or heavypaper and start taping together pieces in the shape of the floor just like vinyl floor installers do. It's worked for me on a number of old cars.

There should be any number of videos on youtube if you need a visual.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds like a good idea avantiguy . I've seen the aluminum diamond tread metal sheet for sale at Lowes by the way. Those rubber mats are just terrible for holding water underneath. I never removed my 2005 flooring but did on the 2011/12. I think there was a lip around the outer edge entries . The center of my floor on the 2011/12 was triangular shaped so its removal made working on the driveshaft easier. The metal was thin and I could hear it "pop/flex" when I jumped in the RTV . I am small so that surprised me. I painted mine with herculiner when I was prepping to sell it.
Look at this thread to see a picture of my 2011/12 RTV 900 's floor. Picture posted on the March 15 2019 post. https://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/threads/check-your-flooorboard.17913/

Last edited:

v10rick

Site Supporter
Thanks bczoom. Unfortunately the rubber mat was destroyed. Is there any good places to buy used parts?

Thank You
I replaced my RTV900 mat with a OEM part from Kubota. It is an exact fit but this new design does not extend over the sides. As with all Kubota parts it was not cheap. K7611-55314 $55.15

Reactions: Doc