2008 RTV900 leg room vs. what?

Luckystars

I've had my 900 for 3+/- years. Made a dump bed for it, changed to 25" ATV tires and enjoyed it with no issues other then a spark arrester slowing be down and a brake adjustment also slowing me down. It does everything I need. I find myself wanting to tell her "It's me not you but we need to break up"
I just had back surgery and it went well. But now I'm facing a knee replacement for a 2 year old defective infected knee replacement. Then again in December for a permanent replacement. Gentlemen I need a little more leg room and ease of access between now and February 2022 when I should be all done rehabbing.
Are the 1100s any larger from the pedals to the seat? Are the 4 seaters any larger up front?
I've driven Club Car Presidents and they have lots of leg room but without a lift kit it's a 2 wheel dive belly dragging turtle. I had a Xrt1500 years ago but my knee was good back then so I wasn't focused on the space. I do remember that it rode very nice, not stiff at all.
I'd like any thoughts or suggestions. Gas models would be fine for me, I just don't run it that long at a time.

Len 900

I am tall and and both knees have been replaced. What helps me the most is sitting on a 5 inch stiff cushion. Mine is off an old massey tractor seat. This allows less bending of the knee like sitting on a bar stool instead of a chair. Still have plenty of head room. Also have a grab handle mounted on the roll bar to assist in getting in. Good luck hope this helps.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've had a RTV 900, 1140 (2 rows of bench seats) and now the x1100c. I do not notice any difference in the space for the driver. I'm just 5' 11" ...and it seems tight. I also have back, hip and knee issues and get by, but I'm smaller than most of you guys.

Luckystars

I've had a RTV 900, 1140 (2 rows of bench seats) and now the x1100c. I do not notice any difference in the space for the driver. I'm just 5' 11" ...and it seems tight. I also have back, hip and knee issues and get by, but I'm smaller than most of you guys.
I'm 5'9 but I would enjoy more leg room. I don't see a spec for leg room in UTVs like you do in cars. That's what made me ask here. Or drive to 10 dealers. Maybe hit an auction preview where there might be 4-5 different models, brands.
I'm thinking about the cushion idea but now thinking if that will work why not make a storage space under the seat and lift both sides!
I will be looking into that once I can get around again.
Thanks Doc, that's not the first time I said that this week. LOL

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL Your Welcome. But ...
I have to add to my comments above. My 06 RTV900 key placement was very near my knee. I could turn the key on by getting out of the RTV.
I was in my 2015 RTV x1100c today and took note. The key is nowhere near my knee and looking closely I do believe there is a bit more leg room on this model. Part of the reason might be newer dash design. Key and gauges are more to the middle. Hope this helps I would also suggest stopping by a Kubota dealer who carries RTV's in stock so you can sit in a few new ones and maybe a used one or two. Good Luck.

Luckystars

So to finish this story,
I found a 2008 Club Car XRT 1550 for sale about an hour from me. I called the guy and he a had clutch and belt assembly put on and always used the CC dealer for repairs. He bought it from a neighbor who bought it new. I thought I'd drive over and see if I was remembering the leg room correctly. I was. It's much easier for me to get in and out of. It has the Kubota engine in it with only 1233 hours on the machine and is a 2009, not 2008. I brought it home.
The back surgery is over with and I will be getting the knee replaced soon. And now I have something to check the mail with.
Thanks everyone.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on the back surgery being done and finding the Club Car. :clap:

Who makes club car? I'd never heard of them. How about a few pics when you get a chance.

Luckystars

IMG-1858.JPGIMG-1852.JPGIMG-1856.JPG

Club Car is it's own company with a parent company of Ingersoll Rand up until just recently.

Aluminum frame, soft ride and more leg room.
It's belt drive, full time four wheel drive.
I don't have the hydraulic dump.
Life is a trade off. I need to be able to get in and out of whatever I ride before anything else matters.
I'm happy that I found good used and didn't have to buy new or order and wait. I always prefer the one payment method too.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
View attachment 13281View attachment 13282View attachment 13283

Club Car is it's own company with a parent company of Ingersoll Rand up until just recently.

Aluminum frame, soft ride and more leg room.
It's belt drive, full time four wheel drive.
I don't have the hydraulic dump.
Life is a trade off. I need to be able to get in and out of whatever I ride before anything else matters.
I'm happy that I found good used and didn't have to buy new or order and wait. I always prefer the one payment method too.
And having the Kubota engine hopefully.means many more hours of trouble free service. As a fellow back and neck patient, i am excited for you.