2013 RTV 1120 barely moves and shutters 1,000 hrs

ChipW

I have heard talk of broke springs in other posts and other compromised parts but the dialogues are always incomplete and the descriptions are vague at best. In this post I promise the dialogue will be crystal clear and all findings and actions will be posted with very clear descriptions to the final solution of the problem! As it should be.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
not surprised. for the most art these machines are trouble free. i will look for that post to see if i can find it. the charge pressure might be within spec and the problem could be in the high pressure circuit.

ChipW

I guess ultimately I’m looking to test any external devices and rule all of them out before going in internally. Yes, please look for that thread but it might just be simpler to just take it over to the dealer and have all the pressures tested real quick? But after I look at all the external screwed in valves and pressure controls. I’m just not sure where all those are and their purpose /function and specific locations??? Lol

ChipW

look for info here on the adapters. i think the threads are BPT but you should confirm.
BPT on a Japanese unit? Maybe again I for sure have no clue? For those reading who don’t know BPT is “British Pipe Thread”.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
post 312 page 16==== i was wrong. not BPT . sorry! i copied from that post look below

BSP is the correct size. I had a local hydraulic shop make a hose with 1/4 BSP male to 1/4 female npt. I'm refusing to pay Kubota $2100 for a $30 hydraulic hose and gauge. Page 2-S6 of the WSM shows maximum throttle spec in high gear should be 3271-3840 psi. I am maxing out at 3000 psi. Exactly what I figured to begin with. The pressure is low. Pressure is also lagging behind the throttle by a second or two. It's seems to be struggling to get the 3000 psi. idle pressure is approximately 2000 psi. Possible part number 07916-50381 07916-50371 07916-50392 07916-62601 07916-52391 07916-52040 07916-53072 07916-52621 07916-50045 hopefully search engines can find this and Kubota can get the hint that you can be replaced.

Reactions: Doc

ChipW

Thank you for the forward of the post! I think I will just get that adapter and use my gauge. Very simple! I will post my findings on the pressures.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Your Welcome. really without pressure readings it is just a shot in the dark. it will be interesting to see what the problem is.

ChipW

Ok I’m back with the new hose needed for the pressure testing!!! Now where do we start? I only have a high pressure gauge.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
look in your WSM for the service test ports and install your hose and gauge. the charge pressure should be a little less than 100 psi. i don't remember the exact psi. the high side should be 2000 psi aprox

ChipW

Good morning ☕️☕️ I found it in the manual! I will run these pressures this morning and post the results. Btw the manual is free on line by manualslib.com .

ChipW

Ok so 0 charge pressure!! But when I opened the plug For checking the pressure maybe a teaspoon of oil came out?? Also I checked to dynamic brake pressure and 0 there too! Seems like the machine is air locked?? Is there a bleed procedure after a complete fluid change??