50 Hour Maintenance

brandonian85

Hey guys, would appreciate some guidance on the first 50 hours maintenance. Is it just an oil/ filter change plus the Trans and Hydraulic filters?

brandonian85

Thanks, but I'm still not clear on this. It has the double circle next to change engine oil, but it also has a note at the bottom that "the initial 50 hours should not be a replacement cycle".

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
change the engine oil and engine oil filter. replace the suction and pressure filters on the transmission and top up the level on the transmission. i would go ahead and change the transmission oil also though. use oem filters and oem oil.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

Gotta do mine this week. Got 50 hours on it now. I'm going to dump all the oils and filters. Just haven't decided if I will go one more cycle on dino oil in the engine or switch it to my Rotalla T6 synthetic now.

Got the call yesterday, my Boss vee plow is in but they didn't put the wiring harness on that shipment, so supposed to be in end of month now.

ItBmine

I use synthetic mainly for the reason of cold starts. I live where it gets down to minus 40, and with the synthetic it makes a huge difference in how easily the engine spins over when you go to start.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
coldest i ever had was -14 parked outside. glowed for 30 seconds and it fired right up. 15w 40 kubota oil.