Accelerator cable replacement

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Has anyone replaced the accelerator cable on a Kubota RTV1140 CPX? I'm trying to do this for a friend of mine since I don't own the RTV. I bought the cable from the dealer and one of the ends is not the correct one. The original cable has eyelets on both ends. I appreciate any help.

tfdr1

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Has anyone replaced the accelerator cable on a Kubota RTV1140 CPX? I'm trying to do this for a friend of mine since I don't own the RTV. I bought the cable from the dealer and one of the ends is not the correct one. The original cable has eyelets on both ends. I appreciate any help.

When I replaced the one on my X900 I took the ends off of the old cable and put them on the new one, maybe it's the same way.

When I replaced the one on my X900 I took the ends off of the old cable and put them on the new one, maybe it's the same way.
Thanks for your reply. Attached are some pics. The dealer sold me the cable with one eyelet on one end and an L shaped end on the other. The RTV requires a cable with eyelets on both ends. I can't use the L shaped end cable because it will not attached to the bracket on the engine compartment.

Attachments

• K7611-42314_1__47518.jpg
    K7611-42314_1__47518.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 7
  • L010068-4.jpg
    L010068-4.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 7
  • K7561-42310_1__91118.jpg
    K7561-42310_1__91118.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 7

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
It looks like they might have changed how the cable attaches to the speed control plate.
here are two links to the parts pages on kubotausa.com that show what I am referencing.

tfdr1

Thanks for your reply. Attached are some pics. The dealer sold me the cable with one eyelet on one end and an L shaped end on the other. The RTV requires a cable with eyelets on both ends. I can't use the L shaped end cable because it will not attached to the bracket on the engine compartment.

Looks like there's 2 different part numbers depending on serial number. Maybe the other part number is the correct one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-221752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221204-221752_Chrome.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 1
It looks like they might have changed how the cable attaches to the speed control plate.
here are two links to the parts pages on kubotausa.com that show what I am referencing.

https://shop.kubotausa.com/oemparts...aler and see what they have as a resolution.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like there's 2 different part numbers depending on serial number. Maybe the other part number is the correct one?
that's what I thought initially but if you go to messics and put in the earlier number it is discontinued and now there is only one. The picture is fuzzy but it looks like Kubota changed the attachment point for some reason.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Any Luck? I am curious how this worked out.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
that's what I thought initially but if you go to messics and put in the earlier number it is discontinued and now there is only one. The picture is fuzzy but it looks like Kubota changed the attachment point for some reason.
Armyaviatr, will the speed cable from a Rtv-X1120 work?