Aggravated at my dealer

jwstewar

Staff member
When I ordered my new L3301 a few weeks back, one of the things I specified was I wanted Extendable Link Arms. They quoted my $200. I thought that seemed reasonable. The salesman then later mentioned that he thought it would be money better spent if he sold me a quick hitch. I then pointed out, I didn't want a quick hitch, I wanted the extendable link arms, otherwise I would have just bought another Pat's Easy Change as I really liked it.

So, I patiently waited for my extendable arms. Finally I called yesterday afternoon and he said that they were sitting on his desk. I go down last night to pick it up and I mention that the box is smaller than I expected and he said "Yeah, me too" but I didn't open it and look at it. Went I went to install it last night, it turns out it wasn't the extendable link arms, it was only the stabilizer bars that pin - typically found on the arms that are extendable.

I sent a nice text this morning explaining what I got and that I was still missing the arms. After a while he replies back, extendable arms aren't available for the Standard L and that he had looked several times. I feel like I was lied to in that I had explicitly said extendable link arms and was adamant about it.

This is on top of trying to get a plug so that I can wire in a rear work light and they are wanting $100 for a short piece of wire with a plug on the end.

Pretty aggravated with the dealer right now, feel like I was lied to. Never had a problem with my New Holland dealer, treated my like gold for 17 years, I'm just not a fan of the new LS made tractors.

jwstewar

Staff member
And the aggravation continues. I noticed a puddle of fluid under the tractor. I tracked it down to the the rear remote block the dealer added. I call the dealer to set up an appointment. Oh, we don't do appointments, bring it in and drop it off. We'll put it in the queue. They get worked on a first come first serve basis. I asked how long are you backed up before you start looking at it? 3+ days. Now for someone that doesn't use their tractor everyday or have livestock, that might be acceptable. But for someone that has livestock and there is always hay or something that needs moved almost everyday, that isn't acceptable. Really starting to regret buying from this dealer.

jwstewar

Staff member
That would sure upset me to. I'd be looking for the next closest dealer.

If the leak wasn't from a dealer installed item, I really would be looking on.

I feel like I can no longer trust this dealer nor do I want to. Once I get this resolved, I will probably start buying my filters/parts from a dealer that is actually closer. I was hesitant to buy from them as back in the spring all of their tractors had been under water. I'm not sure if they junked the tractors or not, but I know they moved them. Because of Covid, I'm not driving that way everyday like I normally would have been.

jwstewar

Staff member
Funny thing is, when I bought the New Holland, this dealer pi$$ed me off and I wouldn't even consider them. I figured it was just the sales person, she is actually at their other location now. And I had talked with several folks that really liked them. I really liked my salesman up until the whole extendable link issue. I'm thinking my first impression from 17 years ago was the correct impression.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahh yes. I remember the pics of the partially underwater tractors. After this treatment as long as you are not buying a tractor from them their service dept hopefully is better than the one you are dealing with.