aluminum job site tool box

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I finally got around to makin me tool box for my frabrication tools its 4'wide by about 30"deep an 32"high .im not finished with it yet

Attachments

• 20130127134552.jpg
    20130127134552.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 145

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Another view of the inside

Attachments

• 20130127134516.jpg
    20130127134516.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 147

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Yea its heavy i load it in my truck with my a-frame.but it holds everything i need like my aluminum gun an 50' of lead and hose plus my flux core box one large grinder sn 4small grinders. Grinding blades an all my other hand tools an to top it off i got 100'of welding lead and ground .when i role up on a jib i have everything i need to do any type of welding they need. I have a 3/4tone truck an after i load the box the machine and 4bottles its full.in thinking of just converting my trailer into a portable fab shop on wheels with a flip out work table and my plate bender mounted on it too. All i would be missing is the lazy boy an the flat screen tv.

Yea that really looks great! Nice to have everything in one place to go to the job. Looking forward to getting my Stick Stoppers.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hey,
That would look nice if the Easter bunny could drop that off my my
old place. :clap:

Peanut, you are Professional !!!!

Your work shows it !!!

......... jamie

Attachments

• Yoda.jpg
    Yoda.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 101

Popo1945

Obviously Peanut is one hell of a fabricator - nice welding!!!! Do u do that for a living? All my welding is self-taught. I haven't attempted aluminum yet. I have the equipment (my retirement present to myself) I just haven't had the time to play with it - I should take some classes. Nice work!!!

cpsseals

Hey Popo, same boat here. Bought the retirement welding gear but I took a continuing education course (fancy name for old farts class). Now I have a good basis to improve upon. That said, I'm thinking that in 59.5 years I'll be half as good as peanut.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Peanut, where are the lifting lugs for that thing? You gonna have it so loaded you will need a jib hoist to lift it on and off.Are you going to paint it or leave it bare?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Im putting some pad eyes on this weekend right now i just use a strap an two shackels and i hook ithem to the handles on the side.just incase any of you want an aluminum box for the bota beds i can make some nice tool boxs any size you want.as for doing this for a living yes this is what i do.the best thing is i love making stuff and welding so i dont really think of it as a job .i like making new stuff just to make it.im also making a wheel rack for the bottom of the box so i can wheel it around in the shop.i made a big 8'x8'cart for my shop that can suport about 3000lbs so i can role the stuff into the shop when the weathet gets bad.