Anyone Have Experience with Everything Grapple?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I am planning a spring grapple purchase to help out with many downed trees and brush piles. I have a BX2230 and it already has the third function hydraulics installed. This would be the 48" model.

The everything grapple appears to be more heavily built, has serrated teeth to get a better hold on things and has stops to prevent the root fingers from digging too deep.

Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks in advance.

aarkie

My grapple is not from Everything Attachment so I cannot help you there. Mine is more like a open fingers with fingers that you can pick up brush, rocks, trash, etc. You also can get what looks like a open sided bucket to slide under and clamp. I do have some safety advice for anyone with a FEL and a grapple, this will work for any brand or size tractor.
A 4 wheel drive works better than a 2 since the back can get so light that you have little or no traction.
If you can attach a heavy box blade, mower, or anything for a counterweight do so. Wheel weights and water in your tires will also help. The bigger load you pick up the lighter the back becomes.
Balance the load when you pick it up. If you fill one side tip release the load and move in that direction and try again. A trees root ball if full of dirt can weight more then the rest of the tree so you may have a lot sticking out one side and very little on the other.
If you are doing any work on a hill side stay turned with the hill as much as you can and move slow when turning. A unbalanced load to the downhill side can turn you over. Keep a hand on the loaded and if you feet too much tilt in any direction set the load on the ground, stop, and start again.
Also on a hillside keep the load uphill all you can. Drive forward going up the hill and back back down. If you turn it downhill the load feels heavier and the back lighter so you are more apt to tip forward.
Keep the load as low as you can. The higher you take it the more weight it takes off the back tires.
I'm sure I missed a few but these are some of the main safety concerns. You may want to watch a few videos on grapples to see which style will work best for you. I alway say I can get more done with the grapple in 30 minutes that I could all day be hand. Don't get one too big for your tractor or you may not be able to pick up very much because the grapple weighs so much. You may wonder why you didn't get one sooner. Good luck with your choice.

Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Like most implements…whatever people presently own…. they “love” it. EA wants your money up-front… takes up to 6 mos or more to make it. If you can live with that, the only complaints I’ve heard about their grapple is their hoses are routed around some sharp corners and edges which can damage the hoses. On the positive side…those who complained about that received replacement hoses. (Some folks fixed the problem themselves by sleeving their hoses. EA seemed unwilling or unable to correct the design flaw.)

Reactions: Doc