backup beeper or reverse lights

Mark.Sibole

Who has the Kubota backup beeper or reverse lights on their machine.
Im looking for the bracket design and mounting location for the momentary switch.My plans are taking off the toggle switch from my reverse lights and adding it to a momentary switch to the come on when you shift it into reveres and go off when in nutral or any foreward gear.Any suggestions would be very helpful as my thinking process has gone to hell lately.
Thanks in advance

Have a great day

Mark

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Just to be easy I would keep it like it is. There are a lot of times like hitching/unhitching at night that you want manual control of the lights. I would think you could mount one where a part of the shift linkage contacts it.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Mark, I don't have reverse lights but I do have a set of tail lights that I added with clear bottoms. They are from Wmart and were around 26$ back when I got them I believe- anyway. They light up way better than the oems and I think you can even read by them if ya needed too at night. haha. When the brake is hit, they really shine a clear light all around. I had a very old thread on that on the old forum and not sure if it came over with us...I don't need a flashlight to back up any more.. I also did wire the 4th button on my console for a rear work light that I flip on when I need more backing up light- I got the pair at W mart also for $20 something and put the other one on my tractor as a back up light.. At night, I just feel for #4 and flip it on.. :) bordercollie

edit. I found it.. http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11933&highlight=tail+lights ha .. These lights capture water so I adapted them so they could drain...

Popo1945

I picked up the reverse beeper switch from the dealer & made a bracket that mounts on the linkage on the trans to turn on a $10 work light from Harbor Freight. I'll try to post some pics & a description soon - it's tax time - but I'll get on here asap.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
These lights on the back of the roof-top does us super.
There is another pair just like these on the front of the RTV.

These was purchased at Agri-Supply for $13.49 each.
Rubber Housed. Very bright.

They been slapped many times with limbs. Never broken one .

BUT, if it happens. Replace the WHOLE lamp for $13.49 and go
ahead about your business !!!!
:thewave:

Attachments

• DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 152

Mark.Sibole

Thanks all.I do have all the lights fron and rear that I wanted plus side lights and a rear work light.But for plowing and other things id like to have the reverse lights come on when im in reverse and go off in foreward so I dont piss anyone off or blind anyone following me is my main concern.I can get any momentary switch but was wondering what Kubota used as a mounting bracket and location.

Mark

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Mark, I've no idea what Kubota does, but I believe a micro limit switch mounted inside the dash where the shift lever would activate the switch when in reverse is the best option. These things were dirt cheap when I replaced some on the church elevator. Just check out the amperage capability relative to the backup light.

This setup makes the light come on automatically when the shhift lever is placed in reverse. You'd probably like the switch in series with the light switch so that it only comes on when your lights are on and placed in reverse.

Just Google micro limit switch and you'll find plenty.

Sorry if this was your original plan that I didn't understand.

Last edited:
Mark I have the backup beeper on my 2008 rtv 900. the bracket would be very easy to fabricate. The bracket simply attaches to the shift arm ,,and activates a simple push button when lever slides over and back into reverse..... I will try to take a picture tomorrow,, if you like?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mark,

Maybe I missed it but where are you going to mount the light(s)?

Although mine aren't connected to a reverse switch, I have on regular toggle switches lights pointing to the rear. One is mounted high/center and lights the bed. The other is mounted under the bed and lights the hitch area and ground behind the RTV. When backing up, I find the low mounted (under the bed) light to work much better for visibility looking back. The one that illuminates the bed (high on the ROPS) doesn't do a good job of lighting up the hitch area.

Mark.Sibole

BC I have 1 work light mounted on the rear screen as a bed work light.The reverse lights will be mounted on the rear roof more than likely.Anything lower would reguire guards IMO.At Night up here looking backwards is like looking into the darb abyss so light is needed as when i Plow the drive way i generally back up to the end which is a few hundred feet.Ive been using the toggle switch in the past but always manage to forget to turn it off most of the time and the backup light is on all day as I never notice it on till dark time.Adding the switch should be to easy its just finding the proper bracket design and mounting location mainly.I figured if someone had one on already it would save what few brain cells I have left on trying to figure out a design and where to mount it.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Mark,

See the picture of sealed micro limit switches. One with a long blade could be mounted to the inside of the dash such that the shift lever would activiate the switch to the closed position when the shift lever is placed in reverse. The micro limit switch lever can be bent for your application. These type switches are used all over from elevator usage to poultry house feed systems. They are economical, in fact, the shipping will likely exceed the switch cost. I'd purchase a couple if it were me.

Popo1945

Got my taxes done today & I don't have to pay in anymore - it's a miracle!!!! So, hopefully I'll b e able to post some pics & some notes on what I did for my backup light on my 04 rtv.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
send your email and i will email you the picture ..... for some reason i cannot get the picture posted
Most likely because the pic is to big. We can resize some but ones that are HUGE take up to much memory for VB to automatically resize.
A great little utility for resizing pics is: EZ Thumbs It is a free download and work like a charm. You can resize entire folders of pics with one click. I use it all the time.

Here is the download link: http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Mark.Sibole

Yes size does matter no matter what she says lmao.
In the future if many here know how to use a FTP program I can always set up a special FTP account for members here to post them full size images and host them on my web site.Now im just waiting for the pic to get here I sent him a PM with my e mail adress so hopefully it will make it here safe and sound.

Popo1945

back-up lights

Hey,
Here's some pics of what I did to install a back-up light. I purchased the beeper switch (only) from the K dealer (can't remember how much). It has tab coming off one side w/ 2 holes for mounting. I cut a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate (2 2/4" high X 3" long). On my 04 there's 2 threaded holes on the bracket that the linkage mounts to. I drilled 2 matching holes in the 1/4" plate. I had some aluminum "T" laying around - from God knows what - I never seem to throw anything away - much to my wife'e dismay. I cut it & shape it to what u see in the photo. As I recall there was allready a 2nd hole in the selector lever below the cable so drilling a hole wasn't necessary. The switch actuator was mounted using the cable stud hole & the 2nd hole. I made the 2nd hole in the "T" a little large so I could make final adjustments activate the switch. Mounted the switch to the plate w/ 3/16" bolts w/ nuts. The light mount is just some aluminum angle. For juice I came from a positive source, I have in fuse box, to an inline fuse & then to the back-up switch. I don't have it wired through the light switch so I can't leave it in "R". Down the road I think I'll add a 2nd light & a relay & run it through the light switch.

Attachments

• DSCN3148.JPG
    DSCN3148.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN3152.JPG
    DSCN3152.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN3153.JPG
    DSCN3153.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN3155.JPG
    DSCN3155.JPG