backup beeper or reverse lights

Popo1945

I noted in another post about ground issues. I think I should add an additional ground wire to head off any future problems in that area. The light is a Harbor Freight work light for about $10.

Mark.Sibole

Had to make all custom brackets for the switch and actuator but its all set.I now have a reverse light when i shift into reverse and then it goes out in any forward gear.Im not sure how Kubota did their prackets but let me tell you at least on mine there is only like a 1/4 inch difference between reverse and M gear so adjusting the actuator was a lot of fun ll.
Ill shoot some pics of all of the updates when I get the hydrolic dump installed.

Mark.Sibole

Before it slips my mind I seen in one of my previous posts on the switch and bracket I put together for my reverse lights.I want to say than you for your tips and help making a design much easier on me.so THANKS ALL. you can notice the silver switch and bracket in this image of the install.
IMG_8954.JPG

Semper-Fi

back-up lights

Hey,
Here's some pics of what I did to install a back-up light. I purchased the beeper switch (only) from the K dealer (can't remember how much). It has tab coming off one side w/ 2 holes for mounting. I cut a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate (2 2/4" high X 3" long). On my 04 there's 2 threaded holes on the bracket that the linkage mounts to. I drilled 2 matching holes in the 1/4" plate. I had some aluminum "T" laying around - from God knows what - I never seem to throw anything away - much to my wife'e dismay. I cut it & shape it to what u see in the photo. As I recall there was allready a 2nd hole in the selector lever below the cable so drilling a hole wasn't necessary. The switch actuator was mounted using the cable stud hole & the 2nd hole. I made the 2nd hole in the "T" a little large so I could make final adjustments activate the switch. Mounted the switch to the plate w/ 3/16" bolts w/ nuts. The light mount is just some aluminum angle. For juice I came from a positive source, I have in fuse box, to an inline fuse & then to the back-up switch. I don't have it wired through the light switch so I can't leave it in "R". Down the road I think I'll add a 2nd light & a relay & run it through the light switch.
Clever idea. And a novice like me can fully understand what you did here.LOL