Backup Camera

I have been planning on installing a backup camera for some time because of my lack of depth perception when trying to maneuver my machine in tight spaces. After bumping trailer hitch to trailer hitch with my truck I finally ordered a camera from Amazon and installed it yesterday. I mounted the camera on top of the transmission using a 6" bolt that attached to the camera mount and an existing bolt hole on the transmission. The monitor was mounted on the dash. Total installation time was about 2 hours and not really difficult. I had to make sure I had clearance between the camera and the bed when dumping so the camera position does not allow me to see the trailer hitch but I believe it will meet my needs.

Attachments

• Backup Camera Cab.jpg
    Backup Camera Cab.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • Backup Camera Rear.jpg
    Backup Camera Rear.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44

TechJunkie

Does the image look like it is vibrating due to the diesel? I know the bed on my X1140 vibrates from the Diesel at idle. You can feel it when it is running an you touch the bed sides. Just curious if that is transferred into the image? Also, did you install a switch for the screen to turn it off and on when you go into reverse? This is a mod I am considering.

My bed vibrates as well but the vibration does not seem to affect the camera. I bought a cheaper camera from Amazon so I'm sure it doesn't have image stabilization. The camera works well but it is a new install so anything can happen. There is a green wire that can be attached to the brake wiring to make it work in reverse only however I decided to not to install this so the camera stays on whenever the key is on. I have two reasons for keeping it on always. First it helps me keep better track of the grandkids and secondly when I drive down our neighborhood road, sometimes a car gets behind me and I don't see them in my mirrors

There are a lot of backup cameras on Amazon and Ebay so you may be able to find a better buy than mine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FG862D7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ItBmine

Nice. So that one just plugs in to power point/cig lighter? Just one cable to run from camera to monitor?