been gone for a while

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
well it seems that everyone has been behaving themselves. came across a good offer so i had to give it a try right now i'm building offshore slickline boxs and repairing wireline units. they want me to expands so they gave me 25 joints of 3' drill pipe and offered me as much more as i can haul so i can make the shop bigger. the main guy for the company has just one shop but he wants me to setup mine to take some of the load off his end. right now i took my old little shop and made it into just box and aluminum work the bigger shop will be around 50'x50' and should be able to handle the double drum units they want to build and repair. i'm workin at thier main yard right now but i have a meeting with the head guy monday to talk about just bringin the stuff to my shop to work on instead of brivin down there everyday and hauling all my equipment with me right now i have one guy workin with me but they wanna send another 2 or 3 maybe 4 after things get rolling right now i'm on my tools to say but after things take off i'll just be a shop foreman and just watch over things witch will be alot easier on my plus i will just have to walk 50' to work in the morning and be able to sit in the hot tube at lunchtime when needed.i still do parts for the rtvs so that will never change so if anyone ever needs something and i haven't been posting send me a pm or get with twoguns he knows how to reach me. so thats it for now and everyone stay safe thanks from your buddy ..peanut

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Peanut, I'm happy to hear that you are doing well and making boat loads of money. Maybe you can purchase you an RTV with the $1,000,000 you'll make on this job. Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you since you're making more than $1,000,000. Just kidding!!!!!!! I know you'll do a great job. Good to hear from you. Don't be so shy in the future.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Peanut!! You deserve it. Keep in touch and keep us informed about the posse too. bordercollie

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
definatly not a million dollar job thats for sure but it's a job .might make it good might not but i'll never know til i try .it's a huge gamble on my part but gotta take it .maybe a rtv might come out of it i don't know.lol

urednecku

Peanut, if they are building you a shop, tell 'em you need the rtv for gettin' to work when it's too wet to walk, (yer too tired, sore, etc), movin' stuff around, etc. :whistling: You can come up with some excuses!!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations, and BEST of luck to ya!!:thumb:

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
they giving me the pipe and stuff to add on and make a bigger shop so i can fit their big units inside. i'll be doing the building along with a few otherguys hopefully it all goes well and nuthing bad happens like another drilling shutdown in the gulf. some of thier stuff we are repairing got blown up in a fire the otherday .that story didn't make t to the news thank god. you see the company goes out and plugs old dead wells well this one well was supose to be not under pressure and dead but it wasn't they hooked up their equipment to it and as soon as the opened the valve to pump cement in it blew the hose off and the hose hit the deck of the barge and blew everything up .luckily the well was in the marsh and everyone just jumped off and swam to safety but if it had been in the gulf there would have been nowherer to swim too.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Peanut, Glad to hear you ain't out in the swamps feeding gators. Good luck with the venture. No matter how it works out you will end up with a bigger building to work from.

oldhat

Site Supporter
Good going peanut, sounds like they know a good welder and a good person when they find one. Do not let them take advantage of you. Have fun in your adventure. You should at least get a new RTV out if the deal. oldhat

Heatwave

I figgered alligator season was taking up all your time. It's good to hear that you got into something a lot safer, even if it does pay a tad less money.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As usual, I'm late to the party. :(

Glad to hear you found something. Sounds like a good stream of work (and pay). That's a great thing nowadays. Have fun and be careful!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
well the latest news is they want me to move my stuff over there they said they will buy and set me up a shipping container for all my equipment. i told them i would think about it and also told them i could not leave any equipment there because i do work after 5 for other people so they are willing to buy me all new equipment that i can have over there that way i don't have to transport anything back and forth. the only other problem i have is winter time is here and i don't do good in the cold .if i get a case of the shivers it gets really bad for me because of my neck and back problems i like my little shop because i can bring the stuff inside and fire up my kerosene heaters and the cold don't bother me. they also want me to stop working for the guy who i am contracted through and go into buisness for myself so they can deal directly with me and there is two problems with that the 1st one is i don't stab anyone in the back so me leaving one company to go on my own is not gonna happen just yet and two i would charge them more than this guy is. the going rate for what i'm doing is around 80.00 an hour and more but right now i'm just getting a fraction of that in pay. i don't mind doing it for that amount because like i told my wife i love wlding and fitting and i can honestly say i love going to work everyday minus the pain it causes.

i have a cuban refugee that works with me and he's a great worker i mean this guy simply reads my mind and has the thing i want ready for me before i even ask for it. me and him talk through the transltor app on our smart phones. he can't weld to good and yesterday i got a call from the guy at the company and he said they want me to let him go and they want to replace him with someone who can weld the problem with that is this guy just got finished telling me his wife got layed off from her job and now i have this situation that if i let him go they have no income because i asked the guy at the company if i let him go do they have a helper position he can fill at the company and they said no they don't .so this is what i'm doing in the morning we fit up as much stuff ans we an and then i teach him how to weld for about 4 or 5 hours then i tell him to sit back and watch me weld up everything we fitted up in the morning .so i'm killing two birds with one stone i'm still finishing up work and turning out finished jobs and the other is i'm teaching this guy how to weld. we stopped at a stor on the way home from delivering a load of finished boxs and he insisted on buying me a coke when we got to the register the lady told him how much it was but he really didn't and don't understand the money thing so he just put a dollar at a time on the counter til the lady said ok thats enough. i told the lady he don't speak good english and that i'm teching him english and how to weld all at the same time and we all had a good laugh the funny thing is he can read english but has a hard time speaking and pronouncing it sorta like my spelling i'm sure you guys have a hard time understanding the way i type .well thats about it for now this is the first time in a few days i have been able to get on the puter and i had 350 emails that i'm going through.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Dang Peanut! That is a lot to deal with. My gut feeling is this company is looking to cut costs and what they do to the guy you are working for they will do to you over time. Tough call for sure.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea they could be trying to cut cost but like i said they won't like the price i'll give them they love my work for sure because they are trying everything in the book to acamodate me in anyway shape or form. i'm pretty layol to any friend and will never stab them in the back sorta like the old saying 'never burn a bridge you might have to cross agin one day" i think i'm gonna make them an offer that i work at my shop during the winter and work at thier shop during the summer. i can take the heat but can't take the cold at all. the guy is planning on raising his rates so i can get more money an hour. right now they are supplying me with all the gas/oxygen/materials and grinding blades grinders torches hoses pretty much anything i ask for its there .i don't charge them for me to pickup stuff nor do i charge them to deliver it i always make sure i deliver the stuff or pick it up at lunch time so that way i can put it down as we didn't take a lunch break and get paid for that hour.it's a pretty good setup the way it is now and like i posted before i love doing this work i'm good at i and i find it fun so to me i get paid to have fun and work. i'm gonna start my shop as soon as i can they already gave me 16 joints of drill pipe 28' long and i already had 12 jointd pf drill pipe here already to i'm close to haveing enough pipe to frame up my shop the only thing that will come out of my pocket is the cement slab and the metal roofing and sides. then again if i went to them and mentioned i needed some metal roofing they just might go out and buy that for me too.i took a few pictures of a conex shipping container that i done it has shelves on all 3 sides of it and a small locking cabinet and a small table for their vice.they loved that thing and want me to do another one as soon as they get it in. they want to deliver the steel and bottles directly to my house witch will be a plus for me. i have some material for another plate bender that will beable to bend sheets of plate up to 4' wide the one i made can only handle 24". they done sent me 5 sheets of aluminum and forgot all about them so they think i'm out and plan on sending more so maybe i'll be able to make my boat after all for free. the guy is trying to get them up to 40.00 an hour for me plus overtimemaybe more right now the oilfield stuff is heating up and companies are sending out just about everything they have so it gets busted up and needs repair plus they wanna make news ones too.it sure would be nice to be on my own in a bigger shop but for now i'm plugging away in my little shop it's only 30'x30' with a 15'x20' section added on to the back it might be small but i have a frames setup to where i can back my trailer up under them and unload the stuff right at the door andi plan on making me a heavy duty cart so i can roll them around into the shop where i need them. i have mainly one person to thank for all this and thats twoguns he got me up and started making stickstoppers and things just got bigger and bigger from that day when i start the bout building if any of you guys looking for a aluminum boat just let me know i will be making them out of 1/4 aircraft grade aluminum sorry no motors just the hulls.

Heatwave

It sounds like good things are happening in your life, Peanut. I'm happy for you. One question: is the company you're doing work for treating you as an hourly employee or as an independent contractor?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Right now im an hourly employee for a contract company.they keep asking me to go on my own so they can deal directly with me and not through the contract company.i do plan on going on my own but i want to see how the work holds up.i dont wanna invest alot of money in insurance down paymet omly to run out of work a gew weeks later.plus i gotta see how my pain level does in the wintrr.so far im doing ok because i hsve two big kerosene heaters in my shop and it stays pretty warm.there is noway to do any outside work way too cilly for my bones.the oil field is hesting up pretty good down here and there seems to be lot of work going around plus with it being winter the gulf is rough an lots of stuff gets damaged getting beat around in the high seas.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hey Coonass,
Hang in there buddy. I am praying for you >>>>>>>>

Remember what I always told you,

Attachments

• never-give-up-.jpg
    never-give-up-.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 38

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I know what you mean Peanut. I pay my own insurance and ss .That stuff adds up quick- but I have fringes like a place to live and food . So I still come out good. I wish you the absolute best my friend. God Bless you. bordercollie