Body Roll - Adjusting Shocks X1120D

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Our RTV spends a lot of time on trails moving from orchard to orchard. Some of the trails are not level side to side which creates a good bit of body role.

The shocks are in the factory default adjustment position - #3 I think.

I read in the manual where adjusting them stiffer might reduce body roll, increase ride height and firm up the ride.

Has anyone tried this? Looks like you need a spanner wrench. Any idea what size?

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I read in the manual where adjusting them stiffer might reduce body roll, increase ride height and firm up the ride.
Bolding is mine. If you increase the ride height, won't that almost defeat firming up the ride as your center of gravity has been raised.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i bought my spanner from mcmasteur carr. maybe you are overloaded? adjusting will increase or decrease the high but and also the settled high when loaded but shouldn't make much difference in the stiffness.

Westfield

This is my spinner wranch I bought for my X 1100 C
Snap-On Industrial Brands 474 Williams Spanner Wrench Set,2 to 4-3/4",Adj. Hook
I was told before you can adjust the shocks you need to take the weight off the wheels.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I appreciate that very much - the one I had identified was not nearly large enough. I ordered this from Amazon a few minutes ago. I was surprised they sell Snap On. I will give this a shot and adjust one notch at a time then test it for a few days. The good thing is if we don't like it, it can be adjusted back. Thanks everyone!