Boy I feel stupid !!

I have a question on my new 1100 c .There are 2 female electrical plugs in the back of it that have nothing plugged into them.I have searched the manual cover to cover to find out what these two wires do.I don't know if they are for a back up beeper or something else.If they are something I will need I think I am going to cover them so they don't get all corroded and crappy. Does anybody know!!??:starbucks::starbucks:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How about plugging in a volt/ohm meter probe to see if they are hot (12V), ground, throw switches on and see when they become hot, or find a schematic to check out what they are supposed to do.............For me, I had to run a wiring circuit back to the back corner in order to run a sprayer, fert spreader, or just a plug in for 12V access...........In addition there should be a convenient switch someplace to turn that off and on...........God bless.........Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Rap, my 900 has several of those plugs. They are prewired in the harness and ready to hook up something to, but I don't know what option I would put there. Mine all had blue tape on them. For the models of 900's with out a speedometer , there is one under the hood for example. I also remember hooking my Kubota work lights to one on my '05.
I would put some of the diaelectric grease in there and tape them up if it were me and not going to hook them up immediately.- I doubt they will be "hot" unless the key is on. bordercollie

also .. They could be ready on one end to add a relay to the fuse box and not be hot till that is done.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a X900 that has at least two female connectors that are not connected in the rear and a few more in other places. At first I figured at least one of the ones in the rear was for a back-up beeper or relay for back-up lights. A test with my meter revealed that these connectors are "hot" all the time the key is on! Once the key is in the on position they are hot and no switch or pressing of the brake pedal makes a difference. I'd like to know what they are for.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
It may not be much help but on my 2004 900, the wiring diagram shows two unused connectors that power on with the ignition. They are labeled output (cabin) and output (winch). As to location, I believe as border collie says, one is under the hood and I used it to power the new cab I installed. The second one is just below the cab on the battery side of the 900 and the dealer used that output to power the low amp side of the winch relay.

Not applicable to the 1100 but it just says Kubota leaves a few hanging around to provide switched 12 volts without the need to tap the fusebox.

I agree with BC again, add dielectric grease and tape them off for future use.

urednecku

I'm sure ALL manufactures use 1 standard wiring harness for all vehicles in a given series. that way they can add or leave off options as needed with out having all the different wiring options. For instance my Dodge pickup is a basic "newspaper bait" model...only extra 'options' is AM/FM with CD player - no power windows, locks, fog lights, etc. I have empty plugs all over the place.
Like said before, if you can't find out what runs them, tape up & forget 'em!

Just curious, do these connectors have a 2nd wire in them as well? Possibly the 'switched' ground wire? You need power & ground for a component to operate. If the one wire is hot w/key, then you would think, for an accessory to operate, the 2nd wire would be switched. Of course all that assume the connector is for an accessory and not a 'feature' that your unit is not equipped with that is designed to operate every time the key is turned on. Just thinking out loud.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
You could always put a paper clip across them and turn the key ON... and see which fuse blows! :yum: