bx2200 in on position sometimes fuel will turn on sometimes it won't and turn to warm glow plug dies completely????

warloklrd

I have a bx2200 when I turn the the ignition to on position sometimes the fuel pump will sometimes it will not but as soon as I turn to warm glow plugs power cuts out completely. battery is fully charged and working properly pulled it and used it to start my other tractor then charged it back up to full power. Ground is good pulled and checked with multimeter bent twist all that good stuff and showed perfect whole time. what do ya think I should check next. I did check fuses and replaced for good measure as well. at loss where to go next. Kubota is outside with FEL on it for snow clean up so can't move it so whatever I do is outside as well (currently winter so low temperature.)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does the other tractor also have glow plugs? Symptoms sound like a bad cell in the battery but since it started the other tractor I will guess that the glow plugs pull more amps than the other tractor needed to start.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I concur with Doc's diagnosis. I just replaced a battery that did the same thing. Looked fully charged but at least one bad cell caused it to go to zero when a draw was placed on it. I know that you put that battery in another tractor and it worked. Did you try the other tractor's battery in the tractor you're having trouble with? If the problem stays with the tractor, it could be the ignition switch since you've checked the cables and ground already. I hope this helps you.

Reactions: Doc