Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Let us know how it works once installed. I see 2 potential issues and would like to know if they actually are issues for you.
1. Those racks are meant to bolt through the bottom. Being cantilevered out like that, does it droop if you put any significant weight in it (e.g. chains).
2. Will you bang your head on it or does it get in the way when you try to access the PTO or when changing 3PH implements.

For my storage, I removed the handle on the right fender (as I always get on/off from the left side) and put a toolbox there. I also put a small toolbox on the front rack where you normally hang suitcase weights.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good points BC. The original poster said he had carried chains and at another time chainsaw and tools with no issues.

I also wondered about it being a head banger when hooking up the PTO.
I'm looking for a place to carry gloves and small pruners and a few tools as much as anything. For some of my hills I like both handles on the fenders and use both in different terrain situations. I would like something accessible from the seat for the gloves and pruners anyway.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This one might be a better option for me. A tad deeper and does not stick out as far.
$91 from amazon:
  • Easily add extra front or rear storage to your ATV and transport up to three 5 gallon buckets, tools, and more
  • Fit to most front or rear tubular rack
  • Perfect for use on the trail, farm, ice fishing, or just about anywhere
  • Dimensions are 38" l x 13" w x 7 ½" h, weight 16 lbs.

ATVbasketForTractor3.JPG