changing the transmission oil for the first time

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
OK I am about to do the 50 hour service on my 2013 RTV X1100c. I don't have an owners manual but i did find one online. the manual i have is unclear as to the drain points on the HST. question are there two drain points one with a magnet?

Thanks for advice

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have a2011 900xt and there is only one drain point on the transmission and it has a magnetic plug. Maybe someone with the new model will chime in. The manuals I have had are all lacking in picture quality and detail so don't feel bad. bordercollie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Yes the transmission has two drain plugs on the RTV X1100c. one is a magnet and has a 17mm head and the other is a metric allen.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
all done!! it was amazing how sparkly the old fluid was,also they must ship with the standard UDT in them from the factory because the transmission sound quieter now and the response is snappier. i think it shifts a little smoother also. I think i will change the fluid again in another fifty just for shits and giggles.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Arthuritus, it wont be long till my 50 hr service is due. If that much sparkles in oil I am with you on doing it again in 50 more hours. Got to be better for the tranny pump ect. :myopinion:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
your welcome Thunderdome. make sure you find that other drain because it contained almost half of the oil. look on the passenger side rear under the tranny for a teardrop shaped hole. that is the plug with the magnet and direct across is a round hole with a flush plug with a allen to remove.