Coast Valve installed on my 2006 RTV 900

coobie

I installed a coast valve($149.24 shipped) on my RTV 900 to get rid of the sudden jerky stops from the hydrostatic tranny.This is a new machine now that jerky stops are gone and the RTV slows down more gradually and the tranny shifts smoother.I would say if you live in hilly terrain or pull a trailer and need the hydrostatic braking keep what you have now,if not put in the coast valve.coobie</p>

G

I ordered one and have yet to install it. Do you notice any bypass noise from the transmission? Do you find yourself using the breaks alot. Is all the self-breaking gone or just some of it ?</p>

</p>
<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Calibri;">I have installed the coast valve on both of RTV 900's that we own and I am pleased with the results. One of the RTVs is located in SE Minnesota in the Bluff Country where we have several bluffs ( hills ). I do notice that I have to use the brake more often now with the coast valve. When I am going downhill, I now have to use the break to slow down machine or put it in low gear for some breaking.The other RTV is located in Northern Minnesota where the terrain is not as hilly. There we do not notice any difference with using more breaks. Besides that, my wife and others enjoy the coasting feature better than the original abrupt stopping feature - now we have less face prints on our inside wind shield resulting from abrupt stopping! P.S. My dogs even like the coast valve feature. They will ride shotgun with me without any hesitation.</span></p>

coobie

I have not heard any noise from the tranny,just some of the self braking is gone and yes you use the brakes a LITTLE more.coobie</p>

doggman

I've had one on my 900 for a while now. I think there is adifferent noise coming from the trans but on the other hand the nature of the beast is different with the coast valve. I think some of thedifference is from the engine dropping RPMs faster since there is no engine breaking or hydro braking. There's no squawking or whining if that's what you mean. </p>

I use the brakes more but they haven't failed me yet. I haven't hauled a heavy load down a steep hill yet but when I do it will be in L w/4WD engaged - just to be safe. </p>

doggman

I think the throttle response was much better from a stop. However, when you let up on the fuel and coast, then hit it again with fuel, there's a little delay. I think someone else also mentioned this on another link. </p>

BOUZTS

RTV 900/1100 (Mysterious) Coast Valve: The seller on ebay doesn't appear to be selling them any more. Who makes them and were else can i get one? Please Help in desperate need of. Tired of having to wear a helmet.</p>

TCSTOUT

I ordered the coast valve from your link. Installed it and wow! what a difference! This ought to be a standard part available from Kubota. Thank you for the link!</p>

</p>

Tim</p>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
my dealer told me that kubota has advised the dealers on how to make a simple adjustment on the stock valve that removes engine breaking. anyone else heard this?</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
YESI HAVE,</p>

WHENI PURCHASED MINE IN FEB., 2007, THAT'S ONE OF THE THINGS THAT MY DEALER ASK, DID I LIKE THE BRAKING SYSTEM OR WOULD I LIKE IT REMOVED. I TOLD HIM TO LEAVE MINE ALONE, FOR WE WOULD NEED IT IN OUR APPLICATIONS, BUT I DO KNOW OF SEVERAL FOLKS, THAT HAD HIM ADJUST TO REMOVE THE BRAKING ~~~~~~</p>

<span style="font-size: medium;"><font color="#ff0000"> <font face="JohnHancock">~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</font></font></span></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="bigdeer2000"]</p>

my dealer told me that kubota has advised the dealers on how to make a simple adjustment on the stock valve that removes engine breaking. anyone else heard this?</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Is it an adjustment or are they instructed to install a different speed control assembly?

There was an optional assembly that slightly reduced the stop but I didn't like it. For a short period, they installed them at the factory but switched back to the existing (original) setup.</p>

Do a search for speed control assembly or the word abrupt on the forum for threads that discuss this option.</p>

bigdeer2000

SUPER Site Supporter
i was told that it was an adjustment of the original valve. i asked about an rtv 1100, did not ask about the 900. i don't know if there is any difference them.</p>