CUB CADET EX450

I'm new here, and looking at purchasing my first tractor. I have to on the farm now that i have of my grandfathers. One being a Ford 800 and other being a John Deere 40. They both still run well but we have horses and about 35 ac. I'm looking to get something that can handle just about anything on this size farm and even be a lil bigger then wat i may need. I just don't know a whole lot about tractors, let along Mechanically inclined. I have heard from a neighbor that has to New Hollands that he just loves and has never had to do a thing to that says to stay away from Cub Cadet. Cub's seem to be a lil cheaper from what i've heard and witht he new Yanmar engine everything i hear and read talk them up. Just curious if any guys have any of the Ex3100 or up models? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would like to get loader and hoe rite away but the Hoe may have to wait cause it's tough being 25 and trying to afford a $30k toy lol. Thanks everyone

It's looking like no-one at this forum has an Ex450 or any opinions on them. Anyone that has the EX3200 models. Just trying to get some in put on these new Cubs w/ the Yanmars in them. Thanks

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Frankly the Cub never really took off even being a Yanmar which are good machines. I would suggest going and shopping some of the other brands to be sure that's really what you want. There is no doubt there are more popular brands that are in your price range, Mahindra, Kioti, TYM, and Branson just to name a few. Some offering great warranties, financing and even free loader.

Good Luck and welcome!

KIOTI

Thanks Big Dog, curious if you have a Kioti and how you like that. I'm open for suggestions i just have a cub dealer 1 mi. from me. I never really heard of kioti but it looks like a nice tractor. I've been looking into the Kioti online so far. Thanks

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I can't say any thing bad about my Kioti. As a matter of fact, CC 8000 series was a Kioti. I used to have a smaller Kubota and I can't say any thing bad about them. When I shopped my tractor the comparable Kubuta to my Kioti was almost 4K more and the Kioti offered more like retractable bottom links, electronic 4wd and PTO. Kioti is running some nice attachment and financing offers now. They're a bit heavier than most tractors which isn't a bad thing IMO. I would also suggest looking at the Mahindra. Both have come on in the tractor world in the last few years!

DK35vince

Check out Bobcat also if you have a dealer nearby.
They have some very nice tractors.

I have owned a Kioti DK 35 for 9 years. Its been a very good tractor.
No problems.

Thanks for the help I'm going to try and get down to the Kioti Dealer and New Holland Dealer also. It's all pending on whether on not i get the Grandparents farm. Talking to a lawyer here in a few weeks hoping things go well with that and I can afford it and all. May have to put the tractor on hold till next year, but will see. Thanks