Emergency Brake Stuck

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
2013 ( I think) Kubota 1100 RTV and the emergency brake cable has either broken or come apart somewhere. And the RTV is stuck with the emergency brake ON. Anyone had this problem before? And how can I get the EB disconnected so I can move the RTV?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If it's like the older 900's with the brake handle on the seat's left side, the side panel can be removed to adjust it. If that is the case, you could probably just remove the panel and see if the lever can be loosened up from there. the cable could be froze up too so maybe some kroil oil or similar to put down the cable. Good luck . collie

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
If it’s the type handle located to the left side of the steering wheel…. pull the knob toward the driver firmly as you depress the locking button …and see if that releases it. (This presumes the knob/handle does not move. If the lever/handle/knob is free to move then it’s a cable or latching system failure and you’ll have to dig further.)

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
If it's like the older 900's with the brake handle on the seat's left side, the side panel can be removed to adjust it. If that is the case, you could probably just remove the panel and see if the lever can be loosened up from there. the cable could be froze up too so maybe some kroil oil or similar to put down the cable. Good luck . collie
Thank you everyone for the info and sorry for the late response. But yes, @bordercollie , this was exactly what I needed. Again, thank you to those who responded.