engine replacment

ncfirefighter46

hello everyone, i am looking to buy another tractor, and i found a kioti and it needs a engine a hole in the block, but i can not find any where on the engine and how much they cost. i am having to go this route on a tractor because i am limited on money, after someone stole my brand new new holand tc 30. so dose any one know where i can get a price on these engine at?

shinnlinger

NC,

Sorry about the loss of the NH, no insurance on that?...ouch.

Any whoo, I think most Kiotis have Daedong engines and If you could get the model number of the engine itself for that specific tractor(maybe some one here has the same tractor and can get that for you) and searched for that speciffic daedong part you may have luck.

I know Kubota engines are used in alot of different types of machines so a replacement motor for my machine may come from somthing other than a tractor.

It might also be possible to find a good deal and buy a similarly sized cat, kubota or other brand engine and have a machine shop make up an adaptor plate for you. Farmers do this kind of repower all the time with bigger ag tractors.

Good luck and welcome.

shinnlinger

You may also want to do your reasearch. SOmetimes the same engine might be in other brand tractors (I think some Cub Cadets use Daedong) Find out which brands used your engine and then you can speciffically ask for those models. Scrap yards dont always know cross brand compatibility.

Also sometimes the same series of tractors use all the same compnents and blocks but the engines are tweaked for more power in the high powered tractors, but that is the only difference. For example, my buddy has a 50 horse JD They make a 47 -58 hp tactors that are identicle to his except for turbos and other gofasters to get more power.

What I am getting at is you may find Koiti does the same and here would be your low risk oppurtunity to upgrade your power. If you have to buy a new engine, might as well buy the biggest you can that wont harm the rest of the tractor if the price isn't significantly difference.

Mith

Sorry to hear about your NH, thieves really are the scum of the earth.

You should be able to get a short block for much less than a complete engine, check with a dealer.
Short block is the main engine block and all the internals, you will need to use all the starter, flywheel, radiator etc from the old engine.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I 2nd Mith's idea. He beat me to posting it, but just get the block and build on it. You never hear of tractor engines for sale used ....everyone rebuilds.
Good luck finding one. Some good ideas in this thread.

Hate to hear about the loss of your NH. That sucks!!!!! :(

Welcome to NTT.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

shinnlinger

Depending on your mechanical abilities a "Long block" has the heads and hopefully the fuel pump attached, where a short block doesnt have head, intake etc.

xPosTech

Welcome to NTT. :wave:

I have a BIL that's a captain in the next town. It seems to me each firehouse has at least one resident mechanical genius that can give advice firsthand, especially diesel. If not, go up the ladder a bit to find one. With someone looking over your shoulder you shouldn't have any problems dropping in a shortblock.

Good luck and keep us posted. We are here to help. A few years ago I lost a vehicle to theft with only liability insurance. I know it sounds hollow but I know what you're going through.

Ted

Mith

I was just browsing another forum, seems someone got a quote for $7600 for a short block for a 30HP New Holland. Might give you a ballpark figure.

gojoe

Depends on the tractor
Between 3800 and 4800 would cover a complete ready to set in long block.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome gojoe!!!!

Good info. Where would one buy long blocks like that?

gojoe

Thank you for the welcome!!
We are a Kioti dealer.
They will ship them straight to us on a pallet.
Not a bad deal at all considering the price of a fuel system etc.

GJ

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is awesome gojoe!!!! I'm tickled to have a dealers rep on here. Kinda like getting the info straight from the horses mouth. :thumb:
That is a good price for a block replacement from a dealer. You can't get any better than that. It would be like a new tractor.

howierd3866

hello everyone, i am looking to buy another tractor, and i found a kioti and it needs a engine a hole in the block, but i can not find any where on the engine and how much they cost. i am having to go this route on a tractor because i am limited on money, after someone stole my brand new new holand tc 30. so dose any one know where i can get a price on these engine at?

don't know if you have check but some home owners insurance cover SOME amount of equipment being stolen...but like insurance its always to their benfit and not ours....