fuel issue

bkjames11

I inherited a 1980 L345 5 years ago. I had it fully serviced by a Kubota dealer at that time. Probably used 40 hours since then and spent the last 18months in a barn unused. I took it out and replaced the diesel with fresh and a new battery. Ran for 3+ hours then it started to quit like it was fuel starved. Would crank for a few seconds then die again. I let it sit for a few hours and it cranked back up and ran for a few minutes then died again the same way as before. I have ordered new fuel filter. Any other ideas? thx

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
While waiting for your fuel filter (which may be the culprit), check the following.
Check your fuel lines for any cracks or leaks. Any air being pulled in through a cracked line could give these symptoms.
Make sure the vent on your fuel tank isn't clogged (which would cause a vacuum).
Look inside your fuel tank. Did you see any crud in the bottom?
If it has a water separator, drain it.

bkjames11

While waiting for your fuel filter (which may be the culprit), check the following.
Check your fuel lines for any cracks or leaks. Any air being pulled in through a cracked line could give these symptoms.
Make sure the vent on your fuel tank isn't clogged (which would cause a vacuum).
Look inside your fuel tank. Did you see any crud in the bottom?
If it has a water separator, drain it.
great suggestions. where would the tank vent be on this tractor?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not familiar with your tractor but it may just be a small hole in the fuel cap.
To see if it's a possible issue, just run the tractor with the fuel cap loose or even removed.

Reactions: Doc