Fuel Pump???

ETF

I'm glad that I finally found this thread.

I've been having the same problem, not with my RTV but with my Kubota front mount mower. I did everything that I knew to do. The dealership did everything that I'd already done. They let it run outside for an hour and then used it to mow the grass around their place. It worked just fine. Since I got it back it has stalled twice but started right back up and kept on working. It was very frustrating. The service manager at the dealership, whom I've known for over 20 years, said that he suspected that it was an intermittent fault in the fuel pump but he couldn't be sure. Anyway, a $15 electric pump I can afford so if it continues to be a problem that's exactly what I will do. Thanks.

uncleDerek

Guys, i have the same problem with my fuel system,..full tank,starts ok but lopes a little be fore it finds itself,..1/2 tank takes forever to start and really sounds bad..really bad on starter me thinks..I bought a electric off ebay and i have it in hand. when i install it i will let you know how it works out..btw does anyone have a pt# for a blockoff plate for a d902 fuelpump?....
Hello I just scrolling an saw your question,I happen. To have a block off plate for the d902 brand new I can give you a part number tommorow,I'm keeping mine only because if I have a issue with my mechanical pump I'm going to go electric myself.but I can easily copy my plate an.make you a steel or even alluminum block off plate for you,just pay the shipping an im happy to help.
Let me know. I apoligize its a old question.im new hear,so just saw it.
Derek

quid_non

Hello I just scrolling an saw your question,I happen. To have a block off plate for the d902 brand new I can give you a part number tommorow,I'm keeping mine only because if I have a issue with my mechanical pump I'm going to go electric myself.but I can easily copy my plate an.make you a steel or even alluminum block off plate for you,just pay the shipping an im happy to help.
Let me know. I apoligize its a old question.im new hear,so just saw it.
Derek

I need to install an electric fuel pump on a 2011 RTV1100. Can anyone share some pictures on where is a good install location and where to tap into the aux wiring connector?
Thanks

uncleDerek

I need to install an electric fuel pump on a 2011 RTV1100. Can anyone share some pictures on where is a good install location and where to tap into the aux wiring connector?
Thanks
Let me know when you do it,I'm curious to see if yiu have a big power difference or big gain i have heard none to it spins the rear tires, so I'd like to know when you do it.

4570FAN

FYI, I just bought an Amazon fuel pump. It showed up with the connector that plugs right into the open connector on my 2019 x1100c. Others have stated they had to switch the wires in pump's connector, so I did. IT WAS NOT NECESSARY on mine, had to switch them back.🤦‍♂️🤣
I haven't installed it yet, decided I want to buy some more hose. I'll post my thoughts when I do.

ETF

I'm glad that I finally found this thread.

I've been having the same problem, not with my RTV but with my Kubota front mount mower. I did everything that I knew to do. The dealership did everything that I'd already done. They let it run outside for an hour and then used it to mow the grass around their place. It worked just fine. Since I got it back it has stalled twice but started right back up and kept on working. It was very frustrating. The service manager at the dealership, whom I've known for over 20 years, said that he suspected that it was an intermittent fault in the fuel pump but he couldn't be sure. Anyway, a $15 electric pump I can afford so if it continues to be a problem that's exactly what I will do. Thanks.

Just an update. It wasn't the fuel pump on my front mount mower that was at fault, It was an intermittent fault in the control box. Finally, I have my mower back and it's working great.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never seen a Kubota front mount mower.
I picture it like a grasshopper. Is that what it looks like?
A pic would be nice if you think of it.
Congrats on getting it fixed and working again.

ETF

Go to kubotausa.com and look for the F-Series. Mine is the smallest one, the F2680, although I think the newest model is called the F2690 it's essentially the same. It's the best mower that I've ever owned and I've had just about every type imaginable.

I was in the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had the newer model on the floor. Good grief, what a shock. I thought mine was over the top expensive when I bought it 12-years ago but now they're asking $10K more and no haggling.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, nice. Much like grasshopper.
I hope I never have to replace my SCAG ZTR but if I do I will be considering one of those as a replacement.

TNTVslkyrie

I have a RTV 900X with the same problems I have read about here. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but not sure about doing this. I will have to bleed the air out of the system after doing the electric pump install right?

quid_non

I have a RTV 900X with the same problems I have read about here. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but not sure about doing this. I will have to bleed the air out of the system after doing the electric pump install right?
Nope!
Just do the install - make sure to check the polarity form the Kubota connector to deliver positive to the positive lead on the fuel pump....I had to reverse the connector on mine. No big deal but check. Since the pump is electric it will purge the line of air when you turn the ky on. Good luck

TNTVslkyrie

Nope!
Just do the install - make sure to check the polarity form the Kubota connector to deliver positive to the positive lead on the fuel pump....I had to reverse the connector on mine. No big deal but check. Since the pump is electric it will purge the line of air when you turn the ky on. Good luck

Great! Thank you for your reply.

TNTVslkyrie

Nope!
I have the pump. Here is a photo of the 2 plugs I found. I tried connecting the pump to the T-plug as it is the same that is on the pump I got. Didn't work. Checked the T-plug with my meter and no power to it. Checked all my fuses all look good. The single red wire plug does have power and works off of the ignition. If I put my red meter wire in the single plug, and the black into the black side of the T-plug It has 12 volts. I have looked up wiring schematics on line and came up wiith nothing, other than the t-plug might possibly be used for a back up beeper. Any idea why I have no power to it? I'm thinking about cutting it off and using the black wire from it to wire my pump. I checked the pump directly to my battery and it does work. My RTV is a 2017 model.

Attachments

• tempImagexxu19h.png
    tempImagexxu19h.png
    15.5 MB · Views: 3

quid_non

I have the pump. Here is a photo of the 2 plugs I found. I tried connecting the pump to the T-plug as it is the same that is on the pump I got. Didn't work. Checked the T-plug with my meter and no power to it. Checked all my fuses all look good. The single red wire plug does have power and works off of the ignition. If I put my red meter wire in the single plug, and the black into the black side of the T-plug It has 12 volts. I have looked up wiring schematics on line and came up wiith nothing, other than the t-plug might possibly be used for a back up beeper. Any idea why I have no power to it? I'm thinking about cutting it off and using the black wire from it to wire my pump. I checked the pump directly to my battery and it does work. My RTV is a 2017 model.
Interesting - but frustrating I'm sure. On my RTV 900 (2007 model) the same plug needed to have the wires swapped to mate to the fuel pump connector. That said - - 12V (measured with VOM) was present ONLY when the key was turned on... a good thing since the elec pump shuts off when the key is off

quid_non

Interesting - but frustrating I'm sure. On my RTV 900 (2007 model) the same plug needed to have the wires swapped to mate to the fuel pump connector. That said - - 12V (measured with VOM) was present ONLY when the key was turned on... a good thing since the elec pump shuts off when the key is off
See this thread also:

TNTVslkyrie

See this thread also:
Thanks for the info. I don't know what I've done wrong, but It starts and will run smooth for a short period of time, and then gets really rough like it has air in the lines. I'm about to put everything back like it was and just keep my tank topped off all the time.

quid_non

Thanks for the info. I don't know what I've done wrong, but It starts and will run smooth for a short period of time, and then gets really rough like it has air in the lines. I'm about to put everything back like it was and just keep my tank topped off all the time.
Bummer! Any posibility that you have water in the diesel fuel? When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? I'd consider changing the fuel filter - fill the housing with seafoam prior to install to also held clean injectors.

see:

I usuall do this after each filter change. Lots of different opinions on the use of seafoam here - just sayin what seems to work for me.

Also - consider cleaning the muffler exhaust screen located in the tailpipe.

TNTVslkyrie

Bummer! Any posibility that you have water in the diesel fuel? When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? I'd consider changing the fuel filter - fill the housing with seafoam prior to install to also held clean injectors.

see:

I usuall do this after each filter change. Lots of different opinions on the use of seafoam here - just sayin what seems to work for me.

Also - consider cleaning the muffler exhaust screen located in the tailpipe.
Filter was changed 3 months ago. It looks good. I drained the tank at that time, no water or trash. After the fuel filter change I had to bleed air out of the lines. I also drained the tank before I started installing the electric pump. I’m thinking it’s air in the system, so as soon as it quits raining I will go about bleeding it. I might try moving the pump to try to shorten the hoses also?