Here's a "Talk About Anything" - II

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I rebuilt the right hand lift cylinder on the little Case 1840 skid steer yesterday. I did the left hand last year after watching a generic how to video . It wasn't too bad the second time because I bought one of those seal twisting tools for this time and any future ones.
I did get that tough to do inner seal in last year by the hardest , but only because I had prayers answered. I used a big socket elevated on the inside of the gland (believe thats the name) and manually pushed the semi rigid seal into place. others were piece of cake.
Take pictures if necessary to keep everything straight and in place though !! They really are worth a 1000 words.
My Daddy was a hydraulic man, I really should have paid attention-- regret that much....

Attachments

• image cylinder.jpg
    image cylinder.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Hello Guys and Gals,
Just wanted to vent I suppose. I have always been a James Arnes Fan, Watch Gunsmoke like a religious follower damn near every day , So today thought I would see about purchasing the Gunsmoke Box set . 20 seasons . near 130+ disk .
As I have seen them at yard sales several times in the past and HOLLY COW could kick myself in the but!.. They gettin near 400 bux for that set, on flea bay.,
WOW .. So next time I see one at I sale I will certainly pick it up .. If any of you have it .. your sittin on a gold mine !

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
hehehe I guess that was the thing back in the day.. I just sayin it wasnt real . the sexy gals (Like Kate Russell) used the makeup to make one . Some times it was larger some times it was a little higher on the cheek bone. Some times between scenes it was in a diff spot.
Beautiful Gal for sure !!!
You see the Gun Smoke Movies too ?? I never figured out who was the Mother of Matts Daughter > Wasnt Kitty.
I must have missed one ..

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
OK Sunday I :stupid:"RE-Learned" an apparently forgotten lesson in burning brush piles. ?
A lesson I Had Previously learned, Like the rest of us as a Child .!!! Soooo Just incase any of you other Older Fellas have also forgotten this Very Important LIFE Lesson ... Im gonna REMIND YOU !

DONT PUT GASOLINE ON FIRES OR ON BRUSH PILES TO MAKE MORE FIRE !?
Im gonna say it one more time ...
DONT PUT GASOLINE ON FIRES OR ON BRUSH PILES TO MAKE MORE FIRE !!?

:stupid:My right arm will for many years ahead remind my of this RELEARNED Life Lesson ! :stupid:

Ive all my life used DIESEL !!! NOT GAS ?!! I will go back to Diesel now....

Oldpath

Warning signs on tractors are sometimes necessary....
nsog7iFm.jpg