Here's a "Talk About Anything" - II

FTG-05

"What's the BB hiding?" = what is the orange tractor behind the BB (=under the shed = in front of the truck).

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting video on undercoating . This guy takes no corporate sponsorships .
Thanks............after all these years of us talking about fluid film, I find that using it on the RTV has worked on the floor and bed. Glad you showed the way on this stuff, FLUID FILM, so many years ago. Thanks so much for the LACK OF REPAIRS that could be happening..........God bless YOU....Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya'll. Be careful watching these videoes of his. They are addicting but very good as far as being what I think is trustworthy. :)

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

So today on my last day off before I go back to work I cleaned up the RTV after my trail ride the other day and put the plow back on just in case.
Then I put my fresh R4's on the tractor and thought I was all ready for winter.
Until I sent this pic to my friend and he said why are your rear tires on reverse rotation?

!!!!!!!! Somebody wasn't paying attention when I grabbed a tire to put on, LOL Guess I'll be taking those back off and swapping side to side when I get back home.

At least I was paying attention when I put the fronts on. Wish I screwed up there though, at last I wouldn't need a jack.

I have only broke two shear pins on the blower since 2013, but I got 6 more spares for it, and six for the PTO shaft, plus a new spare chain for the blower just in case.

Attachments

• 20211025_184535 - Copy.jpg
    20211025_184535 - Copy.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20211025_184752.jpg
    20211025_184752.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i saw an old boy changing a tire out on a 4020 john deere once in about 105 degree full sun no shade. he had to pump out the calcium in order to get the tire off also. i came by just as he closed the lid on his tool box. i swung up in my truck and asked him if he would like a beer? he very graciously said "SURE" with a big smile on his face. i handed it to him and then said nice tire but it is backwards. when i left he was still cussing!!!

ItBmine

Funny how easy it can happen. I made sure I looked at fronts, but by the time I got to the rears, I just grabbed one and put it on, LOL
Now it explains why the rims were facing backwards, LOL

ItBmine

I just found out our mine is having a draw for everyone that got vaccinated....someone is going to win a new side by side and I just found out it's a Kubota Sidekick! Apparently we just ordered 9 new RTV1120's for underground to replace some of the Toyota's.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I am a Hallmark Channel widower. For the next month, Hallmark is showing all its sappy Christmas love story movies, equipped with B and C level actors. I have had to resort to using the other TV or seeking refuge in Clarkson's Farm on Amazon video. Its a sad time for men.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Well the Wife and I finally got around to watching Clarkson's Farm. We watched the entire season and laughed ourselves stupid. The language is a bit too salty for kids and even for us sometimes. But watching this guy spend money was just entertaining as heck. It also have some insight into the ridiculous regulations the folks in the U.K are under. A heavy hand that I am afraid will show itself here if the EPA gets its way. From the oversized tractor to the helpful neighbor and craftspeople, Clarkson succeeds in spite of himself. It was very touching to see his reaction when he had to put down those three sick sheep. But he seemed to enjoy them in what appeared to be shepherds pie some days later. We are looking forward to next season. Its a nice way to unwind and I learn a lot. Its hard enough raising fruit tree seedlings - I can't imagine having the time and energy for livestock. No word when second season will be airing but my Wife says they are filming.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you have Amazon Prime, I highly recommend The Grand Tour. It's the new version of Top Gear (and better IMHO).

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I have figured out whats wrong with us old folks in the world .. Were not getting old ITS DOCTOR POISONING !

All the poor old folks in the world think the are aging badly .. NO ,:pat:
Some of us are developing problems as we age such as but certainly NOT limited to .
Heart problems. Breathing Problems . Urinary tract , stomach problems. Skin issues . Our hair is falling out , teeth looking bad, Fingers growing crooked, cant see as well ., back problems , high blood pressure , E D . :rolleyes:
Well I have decided ITS THE DAMN MEDS !! EVERY one of them come with 100 + side effects!
an lo and behold they just happen to have another pill for the side effects from the first one., and so on/........
With all the technology we have today and they cant even control our blood pressure without pert near killing us in the prosses .. Its saddening !
I read some where its the 3rd leading cause of death in the nation . they just dont talk about it ..

OK I am done venting now :yum: