Here's a "Talk About Anything" - II

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Anybody out there?
There hasn't been any posts for a couple days now.
I'm hoping that means everyone's RTV is doing well.

Reactions: Doc

BBrian

All good here! I'm thinking of putting a rear window screen on my 1100. I'm betting a new rear window is spendy! It's supposed to be 90+ here in Eastern Oregon today.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Yup, all good in tha hood. We are getting 3 months worth of rain right now!!! Should be good for filling up the reservoir's, it's been soo dry last couple of months.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
All good here. No internet last week because someone cut the cable while doing road work. We're trying to get caught up from all of the Spring storms. Finally getting most of the trees cleaned up. Calving season starts soon though.

dan900

All good here also. I don't log in or post very often (as you can tell if you check my profile), but I most always check in once or twice a day.

I have noticed Aurthuritis hasn't posted in 6 or 7 weeks. Anybody talk to him? I hope everything is alright with him.

ItBmine

I haven't been using mine. Just busy with other stuff. I do have to do a full fluid change soon though before winter. It is already getting down to 2 degrees Celsius above freezing in the mornings.

And been wasting time with my other toy. I don't know why I get these stupid ideas. I should have invested that money in more Kubota's. LOL

Hope everyone is going good.

Attachments

• 20220811_094853.jpg
    20220811_094853.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220811_094908.jpg
    20220811_094908.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 2

ItBmine

Then, unfortunately we had to put one of our older cats down, and now just found out my dog has cancer in her spleen and is on her last days according to vet.

So when the cat passed away I decided to make a pet cemetery in a part of the yard by my bush roads where they all seemed to like to hang out.

Attachments

• 20220829_121752.jpg
    20220829_121752.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220829_135242.jpg
    20220829_135242.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220829_135308.jpg
    20220829_135308.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220829_164309.jpg
    20220829_164309.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
My condolences, it's tough loosing pets, and worse if they suffer. Good on you for creating a final resting place. I think it starts the healing process, and gives you a place to visit them whenever you want.

ETF

All good here too. I'm still piddling around the place but no major projects planned until I install a solar powered aerator in the lake this fall. Still figuring out where I'm going to place it and how I'm going to get the diffuser out in to the middle of the lake without a boat of some kind. I do have friends with skiffs and kayaks. ;)

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had a bit of a scare yesterday.

I was using the RTV, bringing down a full load of firewood. I was still deep in the woods. All of a sudden, the RTV started making some awful noises.

I raised the dump bed about half way (hoping to see the engine but not dump the load of firewood). Lost half the load anyway. :(

Can't see anything unusual looking at the engine from the driver's side. Went to the passenger side and found about a 2" diameter chunk of wood that came up from underneath then jammed itself between the fuel tank and the frame. That piece of wood then pressed hard against the air intake hose from the high-rise air filter and had the hose pretty much closed. I pulled the wood off the air hose (carefully as I didn't want to rip the hose) and the engine reverted to its smooth operation. I then tore the remainder of that stick out. Glad it was something minor.

Got the RTV and firewood down. Later, I grabbed a beer and the backpack leaf blower and started cleaning off the trails. There was a ton of branches under the cover of leaves. Glad to have them gone. I'm also not comfortable driving the RTV down my very steep hills on a bed of wet leaves. I'd much rather see and ride on the dirt and stones.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you were able to get that wood out of there. That could have done a whole lot of damage if it had wedged elsewhere on the engine.
Wet leaves on our hills can sure cause some pucker factor. I love the fall colors but we have to remember to watch the trails closely.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
All good here also. I don't log in or post very often (as you can tell if you check my profile), but I most always check in once or twice a day.

I have noticed Aurthuritis hasn't posted in 6 or 7 weeks. Anybody talk to him? I hope everything is alright with him.
been super busy. had computer problems and had to get a new one. lost all of my login info. bought a non running tractor off of the auction site and been reel busy learning about russian technology. got cranky and smarted off to my wife!!!! i can see out of one eye pretty good now and the other is coming along nicely.

ItBmine

Hello all. I had same problem Authuritis, my laptop started acting up, so it died death by boot. I usually destroy one per year, LOL That's why I just get used ones from local computer shop. Wife won't allow me to use a new one, LOL

Well, had two pets pass away recently with cancer. Both 11 years old. Was pretty bummed out, but got an awesome new puppy. Mother is an 80 pound brindle mastiff and father is an 80 pound boxer.

Then snow melted again so took a couple fall color photos of the orange.

Now just doing the full services on the B and the RTV, took the backhoe off the B and stored in the sea can and switched my rims and tires to the fresh R4's for the winter.

Attachments

• 20221019_104938 (Medium).jpg
    20221019_104938 (Medium).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221021_144913 (Medium).jpg
    20221021_144913 (Medium).jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221021_144932 (Medium).jpg
    20221021_144932 (Medium).jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221020_180239 (Medium).jpg
    20221020_180239 (Medium).jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221021_145442 (Medium).jpg
    20221021_145442 (Medium).jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221021_155948 (Medium).jpg
    20221021_155948 (Medium).jpg
    184 KB · Views: 5

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh sorry about your fur buddies. Hate when that happens.
Good pics.

I’m heading out on the trike for a ride through the mountains of WV an into VA. Perfect weather for it.
Next week I need to do like you are doing and start making my EQ ready for winter.

ItBmine

Thanks Bordercollie. It was even worse that I couldn't get another animal because no vets would take new customers. But then the one that put my dog down took us in so I was able to get the new pup.

That's a nice bike Doc. Beautiful scenery. Looks like you had nice weather for the ride too.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I rode a Harley trike once when I was overseas. It takes a bit of getting used to but soon I didn't want to give it back. I didn't care much for the vibration. But a Gold Wing trike would be the perfect trike platform. Probably smooth as silk.

Reactions: Doc