Honda 1000 vs Kubota X900

hondajoe

Seems both plow about the same .They both share the same blade.But i will take the Honda shifts so much better plowing snow.Power seems close plowing snow.I dont think the honda is faster then the kubota plowing snow.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting. I would be concerned with the honda tranny. At least it is not belt driven. But you didn't notice any strain on the tranny while pushing snow?

hondajoe

I keep the tranny in the back of my mind while using it.I use it and try not to abuse it.I use the correct oil in the trans seems most put in there what they want and dont read the book no addatives.So i guess i will see if honda did update the clutch issue.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have a blade on my Pioneer 1000 but I had some fun doing donuts with it in the few inches we did have. :D I use my tractor for snow removal. Only had to use it a handful of times in the last 10 years.

hondajoe

Donuts out of the question 12 inches of ground clearance and iam dragging belly in the yard.Plowed snow with a tractor for 40 years do not miss the open station at all.The honda is cabbed in and a heater insulated shirt and a hot cup of coffee.Let the machine do the work beats a shovel any day.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahh nice. Cabbed would be awesome. SE Ohio. Snow route usually goes above us through Columbus to PA or south of us through Cinci and southern WV. Not complaining. LOL