How expensive and or hard to convert a manual RTV 900 bed to hydraulic?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm shopping for an older RTV with hydraulic bed. I found one with a manual bed. How expensive and or hard to convert a manual RTV 900 bed to hydraulic?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i haven't done it. but there are kits available from used parts on ebay or new from the dealer. a pump some hoses a cyl and reservoir.

Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Those are good posts, aurthuritis! You get and “A”... ;>)

The RTV-X900 has a different set-up. Mine does not have it, and I’m looking into installing an electric linear-actuator instead. Northern Tool offers some that appear to have the required strength and range of motion. IF anyone has already done this I’d like to avoid reinventing the wheel...?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those are good posts, aurthuritis! You get and “A”... ;>)

The RTV-X900 has a different set-up. Mine does not have it, and I’m looking into installing an electric linear-actuator instead. Northern Tool offers some that appear to have the required strength and range of motion. IF anyone has already done this I’d like to avoid reinventing the wheel...?
I'll 2nd that. :thankyou2: aurthuritis!!!!!!
For the price of this particular RTV that is in rather rough shape and priced slightly less than one with a hydraulic dump I'll have to pass.
It's main draw was it's a 2008 with 1200 hours. for 5k.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A couple thoughts.
Doc - Not sure if I recall correctly, but in my mind right now, one of the early model RTV's (GP or rec version) didn't have the set of hydraulic ports at the back of the machine for connecting the hydraulic bed lift. When looking at the machine, see if it has the same ports as your RTV 900.

Can't say for all electric actuators but the ones I've seen aren't nearly as fast as the hydraulic. My father had a RTV 500 with the electric and it was very slow.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for your thoughts Brian. I think you are right about the ports. It is a couple hours from me and I do not plan to go look at it due to the cost of making the bed hydraulic.

The beds on the 900 are so heavy. Without the hydraulics I cannot imagine the dump bed would be functional at all. Shocked they even sold RTV's without a power dump.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Brian. That helps and great info.
For me I've decided to keep looking around. I don't need it till April or May so I'm in no rush.