huge cotton mouth

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
this is the cotton mouth i shot the other day she's 5' long

imag0296e.jpg

By hpx4x4man at 2012-08-16

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea she was long i'm 5'10" and i held the tail up even with my nose and the head touched the ground. when me and my brother used to run out crawfish traps in the swamp we would call them congo's because of their size. the biggest i have seen in my yard was just under 4' and i done a search on the internet about them and they even say they max out at 4' in lenght but this just goes to show you what huge monsters we have down here in the swamps. during the day it's nad enough trying to keep an eye out for them but when the sun goes down they climb the trees and lay out on the branches so at night you have to look ahead behind and above you or else something is gonna get ya. i have seen some in the swamps this long but twice as fat with his mouth open all the way he could bite a base ball real easy. the bad thing is i shot this one in my yard.lmao

urednecku

That shore is a llooonnggg one!! Just the picture took 4 screens on this here 'piter!!

And yea, watch yer step.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I never thought i would see one this big in the yard but theres a fist time for everything.just like the 10, foot gatoer we found in the canefirld he wad atleast 2miles from water.down here. When people tell you the swamp is very deadly take thier word for it .its not a place for some out of town tp go sigjt seeing thats for sure.ill post up pics of the others as i kill them.

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
You sure that thing is dead? The way it is curved looks like it is still alive.

Bob

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
When the pic was taken it was just stunned it kept wanting to curl up to strike at me .i killed it dead after the pic bevause i didmt wanna
mess the head up for the picture bue she show is fead now .i also shot a baby one uesterday about 2 foot lomg.

Heatwave

The biggest I've shot measured out at 40", but it was a lot fatter than the one you're holding. I always try for a head shot ... too many times I've shot them through the body, and it usually makes several holes if they're coiled up, and tiny little snakes come crawling out the holes. Gives me the creeps.

I'm not a "hating" kinda man ... but I kill the heck outta cottonmouths, copperheads, and rattlers ... without hating them, of course.

Thanks for the pic, Peanut.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Peanut , the posse would be just an appetizer for that one.. Good job getting him. bordercollie

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Thats why i track them down .if one of my possie was to hetbit and die i teally dont know what i would do last night one of our csts passed away we eas eaotim gor it to jappen because he was about 14 year old